TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

Just now, Valonqar said:

So because this one sucks, are we going to pretend that the first one wasn't utterly charming and had one of better third acts thanks to that kiddie train Thomas something? First Ant Man was great. Don't let sequel(s) tarnish it. 

I liked the first one. Thought the second was weak though

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So because this one sucks, are we going to pretend that the first one wasn't utterly charming and had one of better third acts thanks to that kiddie train Thomas something? First Ant Man was great. Don't let sequel(s) tarnish it. 

The actual ANT-MAN stuff was inventive and fun but there wasn't enough of it. The rest of it was a TV sitcom. A 3/5 movie if ever there was one.

MCU won´t die anytime soon.  It´s to big to fall even after a mixed phase 4 and a potentially mixed phase 5. They have too many cards to fall to that degree. But the dominance they had before is cleary something they aren´t going to be able to continue. But audiences still love Marvel and you would at least think they will be able to put out a crowdpleaser here and there. They will still do well just nowhere near what they did before and what many might had hoped they could get back to.

They need to slow down with so many projects. Fine you want to make D+ content but we don´t need 3-4 series a year. Make like 1 or 2 series alongside 3 movies. Feige is cleary being spread thin. Marvel has been said to scale down for the future projects after the bad response to Phase 4 but problem is that half of Phase 5 is already filmed... I have never seen an MCU movie get so mixed reactions straight from the bat. If audiences feels the same which seems likely then I have major concerns over this movie´s box office overseas. MCU has really lost it´s hold there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

What's funny is their TV shows are now really good because they've gotten so good at making TV shows as movies. (except the one TV show they tried to make cinematic (COUGH COUGH FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER))

Idk about that. Wouldn´t call She-Hulk good. Liked most of the 2021 output tho. 

8 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Idk about that. Wouldn´t call She-Hulk good. Liked most of the 2021 output tho. 

She-Hulk was a sitcom - it wasn't trying to have an overarching plot really hang together.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was trying to be an epic length movie...and none of the main villain plot made any sense...

She-Hulk was way more watchable AND rewatchable than Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which is still by far the worst D+ series product I've seen (in the middle of Ms. Marvel, which is better, and still have to watch Hawkeye and Moonknight - see, you can also watch these all out of order and get spoiled on almost nothing:))...

PS - As mentioned before, I liked the vision of Werewolf by Night I saw last night.  Marvel took a chance b/c it was D+ and I think it worked well for the vision they had...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

The first one looked like a TV sitcom. Is he only waking up to how bad these movies look NOW?

The critics that used to love the MCU formula now hate it...

The Marvel fatigue mantra might actually have some credence to it...Not for the fans, but for the critics 

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

She-Hulk was a sitcom - it wasn't trying to have an overarching plot really hang together.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier was trying to be an epic length movie...and none of the main villain plot made any sense...

She-Hulk was way more watchable AND rewatchable than Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which is still by far the worst D+ series product I've seen (in the middle of Ms. Marvel, which is better, and still have to watch Hawkeye and Moonknight - see, you can also watch these all out of order and get spoiled on almost nothing:))...

PS - As mentioned before, I liked the vision of Werewolf by Night I saw last night.  Marvel took a chance b/c it was D+ and I think it worked well for the vision they had...

I really enjoyed Werewolf by Night and the appeal of specials to me personally is stronger than 6-episode series. I liked Falcon but it´s low on my list and nowhere close to say WandaVision, Loki and Moon Knight which are three I´m fond of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KJsooner said:

AM&TW at 88% and Infinity War at 84% is one of the biggest WTF’s for me with RT. A:IW is peak marvel for me, while the 2nd antman is one of the weaker phase three movies.

This is exactly why I couldn't give a hoot about critics when it comes to these movies. With Marvel I'm my own critic. It's all about how I perceive them, starting with the trailers.

Just seems after Endgame people are tired. Same old marvel movies issues, setting up for the next big bad, sequels with the same old characters, same old conversations.

Just not as exciting as it used to be, which is natural really. Even the criticism is boring. ‘Marvel movies look like shit’, ‘Marvel movies are the death of cinema’. Yeah we know, you say it every time a movie comes out.

5 minutes ago, exomassey said:

sequels with the same old characters, same old conversations.

People spent last two years bitching about Eternals, Shang-Chi, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk, and how all the Avengers were replaced and every other new character that's been introduced, but now it's too many sequels and too much of the old characters?

• Like 1