CJohn

Weekend Estimates - THE HUNGER GAMES | 155M

This is definitely not typical at all, all the afternoon shows are all filling up very quickly, the noon shows are maybe 75% capacity maybe up to 85%+ by the time they start. The late nights are rather weaker than yesterday considerably based on pre-sales, but generally here late nights are more fuelled by walk-ups so we'll have to wait until maybe an hour before the showings to accurately get a sense of how the late nights are doing.

More from ERC:

Lionsgate reported that females made up 61% of the audience, males 39%, and 56% of the audience was ages 25+, while 44% were under 25. The film also received a solid “A” from Cinemascore.

Thats right, the so called screaming teens were not the one watching this film, expect epic holds h8ters. 400m+ about to be served to the doubters.

Thats right, the so called screaming teens were not the one watching this film, expect epic holds h8ters. 400m+ about to be served to the doubters.

I agree with you. The article already stats that 60% of the people watching this are above 25. This movie isn't just being driven solely by teens. The adults are doing their fair share of the weightlifting. Add to that the fact that its March and there will be little competition, plus its the first in a franchise and so should have better legs... A multiplier of 2.6 is very possible. Could still fail, but its definitely quite plausible at this stage. (And one that I hope THG will achieve!) :)

The bat is going down today. No question in my mind. I am only tracking one theater and they have already upped today's shows from 26 to 29.Never seen it happen in this theater on a sunday. All shows until 3:15 have sold out. They sold out a 7:10 PM show before Noon today and they have already added two more shows at 7:10 and one more at 7:30. This is doing 40+ today.