CJohn

Weekend Estimates - THE HUNGER GAMES | 155M

• Founder / Operator

Yeah but I think we can easily saw it is one of the best opening weekends ever even in admissions.The film will be near 240-250 million by next Sunday and you think it has a chance at missing out 300 million.

Of course there's a chance, its just very, very small. :PIts getting to $300m in my opinion, I just let the math speak for itself first. Once we have a real weekend actual, the math will change again and if the $150m is confirmed, the chances of missing $300m are virtually gone.

• Founder / Operator

Yes I have. I liked it but the first hour dragged for me.

My main issue with the first hour was the lack of backstory. It was crafted more for fans than unfamiliar audiences, which I kind of understand but at the same time its the same noticeable flaw that plagued some of the Potter movies.

Of course there's a chance, its just very, very small. :PIts getting to $300m in my opinion, I just let the math speak for itself first. Once we have a real weekend actual, the math will change again and if the $150m is confirmed, the chances of missing $300m are virtually gone.

If it does 150, it won't miss 300. That will be a lock. Even the most frontloaded blockbuster in the history of blockbusters managed more than a 2.0 multiplier. But I won't go much higher than a 2.3 multiplier.

• Founder / Operator

If it does 150, it won't miss 300. That will be a lock. Even the most frontloaded blockbuster in the history of blockbusters managed more than a 2.0 multiplier. But I won't go much higher than a 2.3 multiplier.

Yes. I'm pretty much just saying...I'd rather see a weekend actual before declaring anything. :)

My main issue with the first hour was the lack of backstory. It was crafted more for fans than unfamiliar audiences, which I kind of understand but at the same time its the same noticeable flaw that plagued some of the Potter movies.

Well, I'm not in the mood for being crucified today so let's just say I liked some of the story when it got to the Games itself, but not as much as I hoped I would. But it's a film made for the fans, and they gave it an A in the cinemascore, so it really doesn't matter what I think.