TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

On 7/6/2024 at 7:17 AM, BigBoxOfficeBucks said:

No disrespect to Lady Gaga, but I think they should have picked Taylor Swift over her for this role.

Nah, Swift does not have the edge you need for this role, Gaga does.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2024 at 8:20 AM, Warmaster506 said:

Gaga is easily more talented than Taylor 

I would not say that, but Gaga is more suited to Harley. She has an edgy quality that Swift does not have.

And no doubt Swift would be better suited to some roles then Gaga.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2024 at 11:47 AM, Spidey Freak said:

Ideologically, Taylor's more like Poison Ivy (the destroying male exes part, not the flying around in a carbon emissive private jet part)

I can't even see Swift as Ivy; that role needs to be edgy also

which I have not seen in Taylor's range.

I like Swift..she is a very talented performer.. I do not agree with the hatchet job on her done by a couple of posters here  (I guess attacking Swift  is now the cool and edgy thing to do)  but I just cannot see her as Harley Or Poison Ivy. Just does have the kind of  edginess both require.

And Taylor acting  skills are still a unknown Quality ; whereas Gaga has proven she had acting chops.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2024 at 10:57 PM, cinema pal said:

Mostly famous songs. I'm sure  they were afraid to do a traditional musical so we'll have another Moulin Rouge 

A number of sources say that this version of Harley is a bit like Wanda in Wandavision.  except her fantasy escape is classic movie musicals rather then TV sitcoms.

And we have one of the things about Swifites that drives me insane; they refuse to admit that Swift might have her limitations; she can do anything.

Sorry, but she made a fool of herself in Cats. BUt then so did most of hte cast of that fiasco.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

I can't even see Swift as Ivy; that role needs to be edgy also

which I have not seen in Taylor's range.

I like Swift..she is a very talented performer.. I do not agree with the hatchet job on her done by a couple of posters here  (I guess attacking Swift  is now the cool and edgy thing to do)  but I just cannot see her as Harley Or Poison Ivy. Just does have the kind of  edginess both require.

And Taylor acting  skills are still a unknown Quality ; whereas Gaga has proven she had acting chops.

I wasn't really serious lmao. I love the woman but she cannot ACT to save her life.

I do think she can be edgy when pushed though. "In his/her Reputation era" is a pop-culture phrase for a reason. There's also this song she wrote for John Mayer that gives me Poison Ivy vibes as she was a young 18-19 yo seduced by a much older man (Batman and Robin watered down her origin by making her an older woman when assaulted by Jason Woodrue). Ofc Ivy's fictional tale is much more tragic than Swift/Mayer but Taylor gives Mayer an equal amount of vitriol in these lyrics.

8 hours ago, Noctis said:

Gaga is an infinitely more talented performer, singer, and especially actress than Taylor Swift is. 

Performer is subjective. Singer and actress yes. Swift is a much stronger writer and businesswoman though. She'd slay writing songs for a Gotham City Sirens movie. I'm more interested in the idea of her perceiving these characters as a director and writer than her playing one of them.

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

This is why I have problems with  over the top fans (I think the term is fanboy) they think the object of hteir fandom is without flaws and can do no wrong.

Swift is an incredible musician performer, but I have seen nothing to indicate she has acting skills (I have to laugh when the die hard frans point to that disaster called "Cats") and we have no idea of her skills at directing a motione picture (directing a music video and directing a feature lenght film are two completly different animals, the latter requiring a huge set of skills the first does not).

5 hours ago, Firepower said:

They'll drop it around Venice premiere in August since they pretty much mimic the original's marketing.

But they won't win the Golden Lion award again in the Venice film festival. But I guess they already accept this cruel reality.  

On 7/12/2024 at 1:11 PM, dudalb said:

Swift is an incredible musician performer

She is? She can't sing, dance, and has zero stage presence. Holding a guitar and making heart symbols with your fingers as an atrocity like Shake It Off plays while a crowd of 70K white girls with gummy smiles scream is not being an incredible musician or performer. 

• Like 5
  • Knock It Off 2

6 hours ago, Flopped said:

She is? She can't sing, dance, and has zero stage presence. Holding a guitar and making heart symbols with your fingers as an atrocity like Shake It Off plays while a crowd of 70K white girls with gummy smiles scream is not being an incredible musician or performer. 

You're so edgy

I’m new here and not sure why is everyone talking about someone who’s not related to the film in any shape or form …

Anyway… what’s everyone’s prediction at this point? I’m brand new to predicting and tracking box office so looking forward to learning from you guys!

• Like 1