TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

2 hours ago, Mad Max007 said:

$100M should be a given. How it holds in the weekends after that is the question.

Agree, even if the reviews get worst opening week will be huge at the domestic box office and overseas. The studio is still doing a good job at not selling this as a musical to the general public.

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

8.4 on IMBD and 3.9 Letterboxed . Just wow. Sometimes you/I  just have to accept that something you/I don't think is all that is all that to a lot of people .

The movie is going to have a huge opening week. Hold will depend on audiences. Online audience reviews will be tricky for this because people have to realize that Lady Gaga has a huge fan base that is going to spam good reviews and ratings whether they’ve seen the movie or not. That’s going to affect IMDB scores. Most major pop star fans do that when their products/films/albums are released.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If this movie truly does give the finger to the people who hailed the original as a masterpiece, then I can’t see anyway that a drop doesn’t happen. Maybe not in terms of OW, but certainly in terms of its legs and OS gross. 

OS is definitely going to drop. $740M OS without China for an R-Rated drama is absolutely fucking insane. It was a cultural zeitgeist, like how BP grossed $700M in the USA.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

OS is definitely going to drop. $740M OS without China for an R-Rated drama is absolutely fucking insane. It was a cultural zeitgeist, like how BP grossed $700M in the USA.

Even if it drops to 700M WW, it's still a win for WB and DC considering how very risky it is to shift from a Crime Drama movie to a Musical movie.

Edited by Boxx93

Catching up with all the pages since Venice and while the comparatively tepid reception is disappointing, I think people are putting too much stock into the reviews atm. To the GA they're still mixed since that's what the press is largely reporting and they don't care about digging deep into individual reviews and analyzing differences between the two. They care about seeing a Joker DC movie sequel with Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn. Also, the press tour is just getting started. WOM is way more critical than reviews and will decide its legs. 

Ticket sales open now, will be interesting to track. Hilarious to see some people predicting an OW < Joker's 96M lol. 

2 hours ago, emoviefan said:

IMO this  does look a more interesting movie  than the first one. That may be the best look at it yet.

Unfortunately its still not being promoted as a musical though. But I guess it worked for WB with Wonka

3 hours ago, TylerG said:

Hilarious to see some people predicting an OW < Joker's 96M lol. 

That's what people are doing in the tracking thread. I can't believe it either. If it happens to do under Joker 1, that'd be a very nasty surprise