Eric Prime

Jackass Forever | Paramount | February 4, 2022

On 2/1/2022 at 1:23 PM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

You can find plenty of crazy stunts on YouTube and Tiktok without shelling out money for a Jackass ticket, so I'm not sure Forever's going to perform all that much better than Moonfall.

I hope Uncharted gets at least decent reviews because otherwise exhibitors are fucked until March.

Having seen the trailer of Jackass now and getting to know what it all is about (I thought it was some action comedy cop movie from name), I dont understand how this has any theatrical market, especially in today's day and age.  

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Having seen the trailer of Jackass now and getting to know what it all is about (I thought it was some action comedy cop movie from name), I dont understand how this has any theatrical market, especially in today's day and age.  

Were you living under a rock for last 25 years?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I suppose you are well aware of Gadar, Hum Aapke Hai Kaun, Dilwale Dulhaniya le Jayenge, etc

Yes, I pay attention to all films and genres from around the globe. Especially when they’re immensely successful, feature international superstars like SRK and can be seen now streaming.

26 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Were you living under a rock for last 25 years?

Jackass isn't famous enough to be even randomly suggested by anyone on internet, tbh. For years, I always had thought Jackass movie to be something like Kickass's parody. Why? Because The only clip I had come across was for Jackass 3D on internet was THAT scene where "PIG WAS LITERALLY MADE TO EAT SHIT from a fat guy" and title was "Pig eating shit of Pig." That clip wasn't humorous, instead it made me uncomfortable.

Of course a simple google search would have told me that Jackass is older than Kickass itself, but I wasn't intrigued by that clip to research it enough. I am even shocked to know that "Adult Takeshi Castle" like stuff can be made into live action movie that mints money. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Yes, I pay attention to all films and genres from around the globe. Especially when they’re immensely successful, feature international superstars like SRK and can be seen now streaming.

Ah good for you. Will be glad to hear your thoughts on HAHK & Gadar.

Though like for like comparison will be to hear your opinion on something like Kranti, Om Jai Jagadish, etc. 

Edited by charlie Jatinder

Just now, Shanks said:

Jackass isn't famous enough to be even randomly suggested by anyone on internet, tbh. For years, I always had thought Jackass movie to be something like Kickass's parody. Why? Because The only clip I had come across was for Jackass 3D on internet was THAT scene where "PIG WAS LITERALLY MADE TO EAT SHIT from a fat guy" and title was "Pig eating shit of Pig." That clip wasn't humorous, instead it made me uncomfortable.

Of course a simple google search would have told me that Jackass is older than Kickass itself, but I wasn't intrigued by that clip to research it enough. I am even shocked to know that "Adult Takeshi Castle" like stuff can be made into live action movie that mints money. 

It’s absolutely famous enough, to suggest otherwise is just blatantly ignorant and inaccurate. It wouldn’t have been made or released theatrically otherwise if there wasn’t worldwide awareness and popularity. It’s one of Paramount’s biggest franchises ever and was MTV’s highest rated show. The Viva La Bam spin-off lasted 40 episodes. A video game was created. The last trailer released 3 weeks ago earned 7.7million views and 29k likes The 3 movies have grossed over 330m WW and that’s not even including the spin-off in 2013 that did over 150m WW or the sales in streaming and DVD. 3D was at time the highest October opener and still remains in the top 10. Seems like something someone who follows box office would be aware of 

Its really bewildering how this site claims to be fans of movies and knowledgeable of box office but.. aren’t? Very narrowminded. Unless it’s Marvel, of course. I’d love for this film to open to like 30 m just to prove everyone wrong here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

It’s absolutely famous enough, to suggest otherwise is just blatantly ignorant and inaccurate. It wouldn’t have been made or released theatrically otherwise if there wasn’t worldwide awareness and popularity. It’s one of Paramount’s biggest franchises ever and was MTV’s highest rated show. The Viva La Bam spin-off lasted 40 episodes. A video game was created. The last trailer released 3 weeks ago earned 7.7million views and 29k likes The 3 movies have grossed over 330m WW and that’s not even including the spin-off in 2013 that did over 150m WW or the sales in streaming and DVD. 3D was at time the highest October opener and still remains in the top 10. Seems like something someone who follows box office would be aware of 

Its really bewildering how this site claims to be fans of movies and knowledgeable of box office but.. aren’t? Very narrowminded. Unless it’s Marvel, of course. I’d love for this film to open to like 30 m just to prove everyone wrong here. 

Are you really being a snob over Jackass

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I did not know I needed to have known or seen Jackass to be considered a movie fan. Even Scorcese would balk at this level of gate keeping. 

Btw did it occur to you that a lot of people on the board are not from US (or born and raised in US) and therefore need not know about all US content in existence?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I did not know I needed to have known or seen Jackass to be considered a movie fan. Even Scorcese would balk at this level of gate keeping. 

Btw did it occur to you that a lot of people on the board are not from US (or born and raised in US) and therefore need not know about all US content in existence?

They track box office and are unaware of a franchise where the last 2 movies made over 150m worldwide each therefore making it one of the biggest comedy franchises behind only Hangover, Rush Hour and Meet the Parents?

Edited by BestPicturePlutoNash