Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

I think trends, and parrot, and Nielsen will all reveal roughly same picture: Mando has a strong pilot, then drop for 2-7 all same-ish, then explode for Luke finale. WV strong pilot, then larger drop in wk 2 interest, but ramp up from Wk2 to wk 7 rather than being flat-ish, and likely another finale spike of as yet unknown magnitude.

Won’t really make sense to compare until finale.   

And I know Mando is only good comp right now, but MCU vs SW is just awkward in terms of regional strengths. Will be glad that for every future marvel, will have past Marvel to compare to.

Edited by WandaLegion
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jatvision said:

Mandalorian is concentrated in US and Europe. In India most of my classmates never watched Mando. But now most of them are talking about Wandavision specially for last 2 episodes.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

There's a reason WandaVision gets so much hype, it wouldn't do that well f it wasoverrated.

This series is really unique, tries to do something else from the typical MCU stuff and that's why many people who were bored of the usual MCU formula are giving it a chance, I didn't watch a single live action TV show since 2015 (apart from episode 1 of Mandalorian, I'll see the rest soon) and not a single Marvel/comicbook show/movie since Infinity War in 2018 => WandaVision reignited my flame for the MCU and some interests for TV shows depending on quality and concept so for me it's a very special show, the best I've seen in a very long time.

I'm pretty sure by overrated, @CloneWars is just saying he thinks it's overrated and not that its the general consensus (if everyone thought the show was overrated, it wouldn't even be overrated).

If anything Wandavision is still underrated by certain section of MCU fan but I think everything will be fine by the end.

For me personally , I love it. It's everything that I wanted and more. Loki also looks very promising , idk about Falcon have to wait to see what that show is actually about. 

Also Hawkeye is gonna smash. Ms. Marvel we don't anything so again will have to wait. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jatvision said:

why is Stranger Things in demand all of sudden? 

once again some BS third party data.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now 7-d&geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F0131ln7y,%2Fg%2F11f4034qyf,%2Fg%2F11fd6dg0by

Last 7 days in google trends it is quite close (among non wandavision):

Cobra : 25

Mando: 19

Things: 17

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now 7-d&geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F0131ln7y,%2Fg%2F11f4034qyf,%2Fg%2F11fd6dg0by

That Gina Carano spike :rofl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

31st Jan - 6th Feb which Parrot used

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://ssl.gstatic.com/trends_nrtr/2431_RC04/embed_loader.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> trends.embed.renderExploreWidget("TIMESERIES", {"comparisonItem":[{"keyword":"/m/0131ln7y","geo":"US","time":"2021-01-31 2021-02-06"},{"keyword":"/g/11f4034qyf","geo":"US","time":"2021-01-31 2021-02-06"},{"keyword":"/g/11fd6dg0by","geo":"US","time":"2021-01-31 2021-02-06"},{"keyword":"/g/11h4v6h9f5","geo":"US","time":"2021-01-31 2021-02-06"}],"category":0,"property":""}, {"exploreQuery":"date=2021-01-31%202021-02-06&geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F0131ln7y,%2Fg%2F11f4034qyf,%2Fg%2F11fd6dg0by,%2Fg%2F11h4v6h9f5","guestPath":"https://trends.google.com:443/trends/embed/"}); </script> 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CloneWars said:

Anyway, as far as the IMDB goes, I think WandaVision is overrated. It's a B/B+ show for me so far which isn't bad, but I don't feel this is on par with Marvel Studio's best nor is it as good as The Mandalorian. However, seeing how this seems to be a mini-series, we will have to see how the remaining episodes play out. I'm grateful actually that this will probably be a one and done. I think it's obnoxious how many shows go on past their expirations just because.

Every post I read in the net that went into it a bit more than lets say 5 lines hoped for a 2nd season or mix and match, see characters being in movies and those MCU miniseries, like one mini before, one after a movie, than rinse repeat, or new team ups. Like as an example one character dies or changes sides, partners, new teams in the new mini-series. No matter which wish / hope was worded, a high % seems to hope for more more more.

As long as the ratings are high (spread out over the age ranges, like not only bored cliche women holding on to something romantic, or teen-fans...) there is no ‘just because’ IMHO.

And as - beside males over 45y of age - WandaVision’s ratings are excellent I guess that will probably not a reason to kill potential new seasons/mini-series.

BTW, if more females would rate in general (especially for action involved material) in the net, the ratings might even be higher, especially with the over 45y olds, but also in general

Rating By Demographic

All Ages
<18
18-29
30-44
45+
All
Males
Females

Top 1000 Voters
     US Users
    Non-US Users

To me interesting is, there starts to be a gap between US and non-US, that was earlier on less pronounced. The US rating in especial did increase a lot.

Only because I am curious, how far is your so far? Up to date with the episodes or eg ‚only‘ at epeisode 3, or 4?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Every post I read in the net that went into it a bit more than lets say 5 lines hoped for a 2nd season or mix and match, see characters being in movies and those MCU miniseries, like one mini before, one after a movie, than rinse repeat, or new team ups. Like as an example one character dies or changes sides, partners, new teams in the new mini-series. No matter which wish / hope was worded, a high % seems to hope for more more more.

As long as the ratings are high (spread out over the age ranges, like not only bored cliche women holding on to something romantic, or teen-fans...) there is no ‘just because’ IMHO.

And as - beside males over 45y of age - WandaVision’s ratings are excellent I guess that will probably not a reason to kill potential new seasons/mini-series.

BTW, if more females would rate in general (especially for action involved material) in the net, the ratings might even be higher, especially with the over 45y olds, but also in general

Rating By Demographic

All Ages
<18
18-29
30-44
45+
All
Males
Females

Top 1000 Voters
     US Users
    Non-US Users

To me interesting is, there starts to be a gap between US and non-US, that was earlier on less pronounced. The US rating in especial did increase a lot.

Only because I am curious, how far is your so far? Up to date with the episodes or eg ‚only‘ at epeisode 3, or 4?

Why are older people more hostile? You'd think the focus on sitcom hommage would make them nostalgic or would remind them of their youth.

I guess males are more hostile because of the lack of action.

6 hours ago, jatvision said:

31st Jan - 6th Feb which Parrot used

Parrot is not viable, confirmation...won't use it next time.

9 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

I think trends, and parrot, and Nielsen will all reveal roughly same picture: Mando has a strong pilot, then drop for 2-7 all same-ish, then explode for Luke finale. WV strong pilot, then larger drop in wk 2 interest, but ramp up from Wk2 to wk 7 rather than being flat-ish, and likely another finale spike of as yet unknown magnitude.

Won’t really make sense to compare until finale.   

And I know Mando is only good comp right now, but MCU vs SW is just awkward in terms of regional strengths. Will be glad that for every future marvel, will have past Marvel to compare to.

With Disney+ expanding in Asia this year (we know they'll expand at least in these territories: South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia...probably a few others we don't know about) the gap between Marvel shows and Star Wars shows will probably grow as Marvel is very popular in Asia while Star Wars is not outside of Japan. WandaVision being in the toptrends in Indonesia last friday kinda shows this already.

Add to that US focused stats aren't useful for global comparisons as tastes differ and India is almost as big the US as a Disney+ territory, I saw people estimating D+ will reach 90 million subs in India at some point (Netflix has 68 million subs in the USA in comparison).

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

Why are older people males more hostile unimpressed? You'd think the focus on sitcom hommage would make them nostalgic or would remind them of their youth.

Depends, as not everyone liked in their youth comedy or... in especial male youth (if you want to use cliches) might prefer old Batman over old ‘sweet home home comedy’ like eg Bewitched?

Not everyone feels nostalgic about all what was, usually it had to be then at least somewhat enjoyable, like a positive memory about the smell of freshly baked cookies, see grandmothers, or the score of an old series, movie reused for a remake or...

edit: males as the older females are not that far away from the average in this case

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Depends, as not everyone liked in their youth comedy or... in especial male youth (if you want to use cliches) might prefer old Batman over old ‘sweet home home comedy’ like eg Bewitched?

Not everyone feels nostalgic about all what was, usually it had to be then at least somewhat enjoyable, like a positive memory about the smell of freshly baked cookies, see grandmothers, or the score of an old series, movie reused for a remake or...

edit: males as the older females are not that far away from the average in this case

I think I should be on IMDB to help improve the score of WandaVision xD, at least it's at 8/10 now .

Now waiting for tomorrow'es episode, waiting for 1 week is torture but I think it helps the show as people talk a lot about each episode and theorize.

• Like 1

I go into withdrawals on Saturday, but overall really grateful for weekly structure. If we just got the finale on Jan 15 and then had to wait for March 19 to get all of Falcon and Winter Solider, that would be a much longer content drought overall.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

I go into withdrawals on Saturday, but overall really grateful for weekly structure. If we just got the finale on Jan 15 and then had to wait for March 19 to get all of Falcon and Winter Solider, that would be a much longer content drought overall.

plus it had really generated conversation among locals. I am seeing appreciation tweet from people who generally don't tweet about such stuff.

I think the best thing is that everyone is acting so good , it's so pleasing to watch. I am not even fan of Dracy and I am enjoying her character on the show.

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

I wasn't pleased with the weekly structure but had to admit it's what the show needed, it's best for everyone, also best for Disney+ as it doesn't feel like they don't have much new content between shows....at some point D+ will manage to get several new episodes per week as they'll manage to run several shows at the same time, it's actually gonna start on February 23 in Europe, Canada and Oceania with the coming of Star: each week will lead to new episodes of:

-WandaVision

-Big Sky

-Love Victor

-HellStrom

-Solar Opposites

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

Full subtitles for episode 6 leaked this morning. If you’re averse to spoilers might want to more on guard than you would normally need to on Thursday.

Avoiding twitter until I see it tonight then, thanks for the heads up.

What's with all these damn leaks though, jesus. Disney need to get their shit together, it's one thing for story stuff to leak, but subtitles? Wtf. Did Mando leak this much? I wasn't in the fandom as deep for that but I don't recall having to watch out like I'm having to for this.

• Like 1

Gina Carano gone from the SW franchise.

Her Covid denialism was, IMHO, better reason to can her then her Holocaust statements, but she should have known better, given the Disney does not want to be caught up in political controversy.