Eric S'ennui

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

30 minutes ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

Yeah they aren't great, not totally disastrous but it will need to be a pretty good movie to succeed. Twitter views are extremely high for some reason but I suspect there is some kind of ad/auto play thing going on there.

Maybe because the films has a rather massive Twitter fanbase? Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel both seem very popular there. And I don’t know, the first trailer from the main Marvel account has 20m views, that’s not No Way Home, Wakanda Forever or Super Bowl fueled Vol. 3 crazy numbers, but for a film that it’s still so far out, it seemed to me that it was very good, actually. Trailer 2 is currently at 12.2m, and I’m pretty sure it added more 200k the last hours.

15 hours ago, Speedorito said:

I wouldn’t be surprised since the “hook” isn’t as big (Quantumania’s was “Kang is in it and he’s the next Thanos” and GOTG 3 was “it’s the last one”).

But like…it’s a Captain Marvel sequel with Brie Larson as the lead again. It’s the sequel to a movie the internet declared would be a bomb and launched a hate campaign over because of Brie Larson. I don’t expect certain parts of the internet to be raving over this.

Sure, but outside of internet buzz, you could see massive amounts of pre-release interest for the film. 

9 hours ago, John Marston said:

damn why does this look so bad visually

All Marvel movies look like this, at least since GOG2, the MCU has some of the worst CGI in the industry, this movie is not exception, looks so cheap lol.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Belakor said:

All Marvel movies look like this, at least since GOG2, the MCU has some of the worst CGI in the industry, this movie is not exception, looks so cheap lol.

I'm the only person I know who actually really liked the Warcraft movie, so I love your avatar, but surely you see the irony here?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Firepower said:

Trailer stats are very very poor for MCU.

How many times are we gonna have to remind people that trailer stats have never meant shit.

They aren't a reliable indication of box office and never have been. Just a general sense of awareness.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

How many times are we gonna have to remind people that trailer stats have never meant shit.

They aren't a reliable indication of box office and never have been. Just a general sense of awareness.

They are often reliable for fanboy properties like this one.

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Whenever I see people say this about any major blockbuster I wonder if they've...actually seen TV movies 

If something doesn't look like Avatar, people will claim it looks bad. Because hyperbole has taken a hold of the population. There is no gray area anymore. Everything is either the best or the worst

Just now, ChipDerby said:

If something doesn't look like Avatar, people will claim it looks bad. Because hyperbole has taken a hold of the population. There is no gray area anymore. Everything is either the best or the worst

Not like Avatar, just finished, look at The Creator trailers, CGI looks top notch, look movies like Inception made 10 years ago and then watch Ant Man 3, the difference in quality is abysmal, as with other Marvel movies with rushed, badly implemented and unfinished work in VFX, with the only exception being GOG3.