Eric is Quiet

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

There was a terrible trailer for this before my IMAX showing of The Creator last night that attempted to recap WandaVision and Ms Marvel in a really rushed fashion while flagging footage from each show with “WandaVision” and “Ms Marvel” in the corner of the screen during footage from those shows before rushing through footage from The Marvels itself. It really didn’t work at all. 

Think there’s definitely some level of concern over at Marvel about people not having a clue who those characters are.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

I’m sure it’ll have scenes to reintroduce them, but that trailer was really clunkily done.

It wasn't even a trailer it was a Noovie type preview thing. The regular trailer even plays after it, at least it did for me for Haunting in Venice

26 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

There was a terrible trailer for this before my IMAX showing of The Creator last night that attempted to recap WandaVision and Ms Marvel in a really rushed fashion while flagging footage from each show with “WandaVision” and “Ms Marvel” in the corner of the screen during footage from those shows before rushing through footage from The Marvels itself. It really didn’t work at all. 

Think there’s definitely some level of concern over at Marvel about people not having a clue who those characters are.

Yeah I got that trailer before The Creator too and thought the same thing. Felt weirdly desperate.

45 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Monica. Was in. The first movie. The only new character of the three is Kamala.

Doesn’t mean people remember who she actually is, her characters name, or role.

It’s like having Mac Gargan suddenly be the main antagonist of Spider-Man 4, and saying “he was in homecoming!”

Sure she isn’t “new” but I’m willing to bet she is to most of GA.

Edited by Valencia
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Valencia said:

It’s like having Mac Gargan suddenly be the main antagonist of Spider-Man 4, and saying “he was in homecoming!”

Marvel has done exactly that kind of thing with characters before though. Nobody was saying "how are people going to remember the purple guy from Guardians in Infinity War? Too much homework!"

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

The fact that the second season finale for Loki is apparently set for release on The Marvels's opening day is a possible indicator that Marvel might be feeling concerned about this movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s really a crazy concept. First movie was set in 1990s with a character who was a kid. Second movie is set in 2020s and character is an adult. 
Questions…

If a character is older in a sequel, are they really the same character or is the character older by virtue of being older?

Has it ever happened in a CBM or any movie that a character has been recast because the movie is set when the character’s age is different?

Is Iron Man’s suit actually Iron?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Opening weekend

Floor - Eternals ($71 million)

Ceiling - Guardians 3 ($118 million)

I see this opening to ~$95 million and finishing around $250 million domestically. Maybe $575 million WW (which would be pretty bad given the $220 million budget)

I'm feeling this floor/ceiling for OW.

I might have the opening at $75-$85M (which is why I'm so uncertain on the FNAF club right now b/c it's tight) and an ending between $175-$210M (which is why I'm in the under $260M club, but not the lower one b/c it's also like the FNAF club and getting really tight)...

Although opening theater sets and presales will go a long way to firming up my thoughts...

13 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

If a character is older in a sequel, are they really the same character or is the character older by virtue of being older?

.... obviously the answer is "yes, it is the same character".

Anyways, tickets confirmed to go over next Tuesday.

• Like 2

I’m just being stupid and snarky. 
Maybe this movie will exceed my expectations. Maybe it will be the struggle others see for it and I can be crushed for stanning for it. 
However, completely normal things are going on with the promotion and marketing for this movie. Pretty much every MCU movie has done these things. 

• Like 5