Eric Furiosa

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The MCU is only putting out one movie next year that theoretically should do pretty well. We’ll have to see if that gives them the time they need to course correct and regain audience goodwill. 

Does Deadpool humor even work in the MCU?

Disney won’t let him say Shuri, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man suck, and the MCU is (currently) a dumpster fire like he did with the Fox Men.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Valencia said:

Does Deadpool humor even work in the MCU?

Disney won’t let him say Shuri, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man suck, and the MCU is (currently) a dumpster fire like he did with the Fox Men.

Most of the jabs the first two Deadpool movies made at Fox’s expense were more akin to a roast than a brutal takedown. At most, you could argue they were ripping into the previous regime under Tom Rothman, who was an obstacle in the movie getting made for the longest time. 

As for DP3, I’m personally not expecting to be amazed by it, but assuming audiences aren’t completely tired of the multiverse gimmick yet, then a Deadpool movie that’s essentially the X-Men equivalent of NWH should do pretty well for itself, even if it obviously won’t be as big as NWH. It helps that 2024 is looking to be a pretty dry year in general, so people will likely be hungry for a big event film. 

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Most of the jabs the first two Deadpool movies made at Fox’s expense were more akin to a roast than a brutal takedown. At most, you could argue they were ripping into the previous regime under Tom Rothman, who was an obstacle in the movie getting made for the longest time. 

As for DP3, I’m personally not expecting to be amazed by it, but assuming audiences aren’t completely tired of the multiverse gimmick yet, then a Deadpool movie that’s essentially the X-Men equivalent of NWH should do pretty well for itself, even if it obviously won’t be as big as NWH. It helps that 2024 is looking to be a pretty dry year in general, so people will likely be hungry for a big event film. 

I don't think Marvel Studios would mind if Deadpool makes jabs at the MCU, it's not meant to be a serious character and the fourth wall breaking is the character's USP. 

‘The Marvels’ Meltdown: Disney MCU Seeing Lowest B.O. Opening Ever At $47M+ — What Went Wrong

No, The Marvels meltdown isn’t about superhero fatigue, it’s about Disney’s overexposure of the Marvel Cinematic Universe brand on Disney+ and those moth holes are beginning to show: Keep what’s meant for the cinema in cinemas, and keep what’s meant for in-homes in the home. Meaning, this whole cross-over streaming-into-film master plan isn’t working, nor is it really connected in a jaw-dropping way, and with Ms Marvel not being one of the OTT services better series (ala WandaVision and Loki season one), there’s a whole quad of fans who either didn’t catch Ms Marvel or who were too turned off by it that they sure as heck don’t want to see The Marvels.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I don't think Marvel Studios would mind if Deadpool makes jabs at the MCU, it's not meant to be a serious character and the fourth wall breaking is the character's USP. 

Heck what the MCU needs right now is to have Deadpool come in and poke at it just a little bit. Just like the first two movies poked at the Fox X verse just enough but not so much it derailed the plots of the two movies. 

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

This whole “the MCU is over” stuff is hyperbolic to the extreme. I haven’t seen this film, and honestly I’m not interested in it after the lacklustre trailers made it look generic and bland, but that doesn’t mean the entire superhero genre is now suddenly on its death bed. Loki season 2 is getting great reviews and viewer response, GOTG3 was strongly received, and unless they really drop the ball, Deadpool 3 should be well received. Nobody should be expecting the next Avengers to make Endgame money, but that name will still hold weight by the time Avengers 5 comes around, and there’s no way that Feige watches this weekend unfold and doesn’t at least pivot in some way, especially since Avengers 5 doesn’t even have a locked in script yet. 

Video Game movies are taken over from MCU as the dominant force in Hollywood. Mario outgrossed Guardians 3 + Ant Man 3 combined. FNAF annihilated Marvels in every territory. 

Younger generations are done with derivative CBMs with no draws. You’ll only see some of the cameo fests or the creative ones like Joker 2 doing well from now on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Video Game movies are taken over from MCU as the dominant force in Hollywood. Mario outgrossed Guardians 3 + Ant Man 3 combined. FNAF annihilated Marvels in every territory. 

Younger generations are done with derivative CBMs with no draws. You’ll only see some of the cameo fests or the creative ones like Joker 2 doing well from now on.

Yeah we are done with those dervative comic book movies! Let's have more video game movies that are as great as FNAF!

If superhero movies truly are finished, I don’t know if I like the idea of video game movies taking their place. I suppose at the very least, it would be better than Mattel movies becoming the new big kid on the block, but the video game movies we’ve gotten so far haven’t been especially great. 

Most recent posttrak data implies audiences think CM is comparable to the final Bay Transformers movie. That's not cherry picking. It's getting to my eyes weirdly awful reviews which cuts against drawing too firm macro level takeaways. Marvel studios was correct to act like it had a mega stinker on their hands even if I think critical reception more accurately captures the film's quality/enjoyability. 

4 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

hope GTA have movie,the frachise is popular everywhere on Earth. 

They said it will never happen because they already make disgusting amounts of money from having to do nothing but keep GTA Online up.

And that was a couple days ago lol.

https://money.yahoo.com/two-boss-says-grand-theft-195447114.html

5 minutes ago, Valencia said:

They said it will never happen because they already make disgusting amounts of money from having to do nothing but keep GTA Online up.

And that was a couple days ago lol.

https://money.yahoo.com/two-boss-says-grand-theft-195447114.html

It’s sad,since GTA probably the only game frachise popular every single country on Earth.

Yes,every single country,include Eritriea and North Korea,solomon Islands and Kiribati

Just a simple Google trends shows the franchise insanely popularity, if it’s make movie and have good quality it will easily make billion dollars

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, DInky said:

And he's planning to go the same route as Marvel with integrated TV series.

He's watching what Marvel is doing. He's seeing this doing badly because it was too connected to the TV shows (among many other reasons ofc) and he's seeing the MCU revamping its TV side by retooling Daredevil and creating the Spotlight label (TV shows not directly involved in the MCU continuity) starting with Echo and I'm sure he's rethinking his own plans. He'd be crazy not to.

10 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

He's watching what Marvel is doing. He's seeing this doing badly because it was too connected to the TV shows (among many other reasons ofc) and he's seeing the MCU revamping its TV side by retooling Daredevil and creating the Spotlight label (TV shows not directly involved in the MCU continuity) starting with Echo and I'm sure he's rethinking his own plans. He'd be crazy not to.

Well for starter Max is much better than Disney plus. Max has a Casey Bloys while Disney Plus show are left in the wild.