Eric is Quiet

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

6 hours ago, toutvabien said:

The alt-right incels now go after Nia DaCosta for... saying white men over at Marvel helped create a healthy environment for her when making the film. Okay... cool...

You give those poeple too much of your time. Media and internet as a whole  give those poeple too much attention.

Social media has just become more and more like echo chambers . This poeple have ruined entertainment and film  criticism in general .

The more media attention gives culture wars . The more discourse and division is caused.

They can't be reasoned  with and the more you attack ,the more clicks they get.

Blocking accounts ,account suspensions and finding ways of more  verified rating systems as long as they don't limit free speech is the way to go.

Lots of Female led,actors of color , LGBT themed movies are far outweighed by the political discourse sorrounding them than the actual discussion of the  content and quality of the films themselves.

World is full of toxic poeple and some stuff really  needs to be called out but some times you just have to separate yourself from it or you will get frustrated and depressed. 

• Heart 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The worst part is in the very likely event this doesn't do the same numbers as the first, even if the reviews are better, they're still gonna claim that it was because of wokenss or whatever. Like how they said Indy bombed because it had a women as a writer.

In a year that was won by one of the most feminist blockbusters of all time, anyone who takes these Go Woke Go Broke characters seriously are kind of just looking to agree with them at this point.

There's no way in heck Disney corporate produced The Marvels is going to be anywhere as woke as Barbie. The clowns don't have a point and they should just be called out for their clownery instead of being entertained.

• Like 5
  • Heart 1

10 hours ago, BlitheringEdiot said:

That might explain the opening but not the final figure of 1.13 billion.

I don't agree. You can explicitly see a secondary Endgame bump in the very weird looking late domestic legs for Captain Marvel. If Endgame was delayed by 3 months, CM probably has to scrape and claw to clear $1B instead of easily surpassing it. 

There's just no way to separate Endgame from CM's theatrical run. 

Hmm, the debate over the reception of the first is up for discussion, I see.

The first movie was not my kind of tea. I had problems with it, and I was not wholly engaged with the film.

On one hand, I can understand people thinking the tease for Endgame propelled it to those levels, but the film did have strong legs for the kind of opening, no?

So, there was obviously good worth of mouth, which again, TO ME, is understandable because the general public is whack. The general public has been eating up Marvel for how long now? Not a shocker for me anymore. I swipe left on any Marvel stan. ❤️

21 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

I don't agree. You can explicitly see a secondary Endgame bump in the very weird looking late domestic legs for Captain Marvel. If Endgame was delayed by 3 months, CM probably has to scrape and claw to clear $1B instead of easily surpassing it. 

There's just no way to separate Endgame from CM's theatrical run. 

Captain Marvel had little to no connection to Endgame. There was no reason for the people who had already seen it to rec to others strictly for a "you need to see this before Endgame". If it was WOM, it was people liking the film.

5 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Captain Marvel had little to no connection to Endgame. There was no reason for the people who had already seen it to rec to others strictly for a "you need to see this before Endgame". If it was WOM, it was people liking the film.

I actually agree with this

Captain Marvel had a 79% RT, A CinemaScore, 2.78x legs. There's no actual evidence proving it wasn't well liked.

29 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Easy to say that with hindsight, but in 2019 people had no way of knowing Captain Marvel was barely in Endgame.

People thought it would be essential viewing, and if you look at marketing she was teased as an actual important character. She was bigger on the poster than Ant-Man or Nebula who ended up being far more significant in the actual movie.

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Easy to say that with hindsight, but in 2019 people had no way of knowing Captain Marvel was barely in Endgame.

People thought it would be essential viewing, and if you look at marketing she was teased as an actual important character. She was bigger on the poster than Ant-Man or Nebula who ended up being far more significant in the actual movie.

No, it was easy to say in 2019 when you watched Captain Marvel and it had almost no connection to Endgame.