Eric Prime

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Anyway, if someone has a better idea of where to continue this conversation, please point me there as this really doesn't have to do with Disney or WB except in general terms. 🙂

I’m not sure if anyone has posted the new clip yet so to steer the thread on topic:

https://x.com/captainmarvel/status/1720138764939567516?s=20

15 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Here's the embedded version (x.com links won't embed here)

Teyonah Parris deserves a Oscar just for spitting out that dialogue explaining how she got her powers.

Edited by eddyxx

49 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

He who should not be named is claiming he saw Wonka and The Marvels. Apparently, " The Marvels is mediocre at best.  I've seen #Wonka .  Not great.  The weakest Q4 since 2011 (non-pandemic)." 

good blockbusters dont have bad trailers

• Like 1

The only CBM I’ve ever seen twice in the movie theater was X-Men Apocalypse and I still absolutely love that movie.

I don’t know why I felt like saying that here, but here we are. 

I just hope I enjoy it and the scenes connecting some past and future movies together will eventually have some good payoff in future movies, I am very excited for that actually!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

People who say pg 13 blockbusters are all “kid films” are the same kinds of people who think animation is “just for kids”. My only 2 cents on that subject from a few hours ago.

Agreed. It's a pretty condescending tone. 

• Like 1

Kid films is more like illumination fare, or even paw patrol if you want to go super young. Most blockbusters are for the whole family including marvel fare usually.

But I get that Eric is basically just saying it's not worth getting so worked up over something that is not that serious.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

If this bombs like it’s looking to, instead of a franchise wars thread, the mods should just create a “Marvel Studios - What Went Wrong?” thread.

Lol that's what every fucking Marvel thread already is. I don't think having a thread dedicated specifically to ragging on a franchise and it's fans with mods endorsement is going to work, no. People are already acting like they're gonna shut the entire fucking studio down because of The Marvels.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFlatLannister said:

He who should not be named is claiming he saw Wonka and The Marvels. Apparently, " The Marvels is mediocre at best.  I've seen #Wonka .  Not great.  The weakest Q4 since 2011 (non-pandemic)." 

He also said Thunderbolts and Blade are cancelled. He kind of lies all the time.

44 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

If this bombs like it’s looking to, instead of a franchise wars thread, the mods should just create a “Marvel Studios - What Went Wrong?” thread.

One.  The Franchise Wars Thread is not coming back.  I haven't been an excellent girl for five years here for that shit to come back. If I can hold my tongue, so can everyone else.  Be adults.

Two. We don't need a thread debating this.  The answer is very clear.  There were hit with a perfect storm of:

• Greedy Bobs tried to overwork the golden goose with excessive Disney+ content
  • COVID wrecked their release date and production schedules, while inflating their budgets.
  • YouTube Fanboys are incapable of relating to any character that doesn't have a white dick.  Apparently Phase 4 wasn't "twice as good." (We are not debating this.  Do not respond or quote that.  I'm using Admin Powers to say the Quiet Part Out loud.)
  • WGA Strike shut down productions
  • SAG-AFTRA Strike shut down productions -- and is still going, and be prepared for things to not start up again until Later 2024 depending on what Studio has which actors in First Position.
  • Jonathan Majors is the biggest fucking disappointment of all time. Insert Tyra Gif.  And has put them in a position they can't just reshoot or edit around.

And it's not worth debating "How Can They Fix This", because their plans change every day, and we don't have access to what's really going on.  You're just spinning and spinning and spinning, and going no where.

The movies and shows are going to come out at some point.  They might or be not be good.  They might or might not make more after that.  That's all.  None of this is worth getting upset over, because, none of it matters.

• Like 5
  • Heart 1

250 pages and we don’t even have social media reactions out huh? I wonder how many pages this baby can add in the 24 hours following the reactions dropping and then again how many pages we’ll get out of the reviews.

Oh boy, when was the last time a thread was so active before anything was actually out? 

9 minutes ago, fede75 said:

red hulk is in captain america 4, not in thunderbolts

Ross is in both, or at least he was when Ford was first announced. They reportedly made the two less connected so idk if he's still in both.

But God it's exhausting right now as a Marvel fan. Film Twitter critic types rooting for it to fail as payback for the Scorsese stuff, racist bigot idiots mad at women and "wokeness", press wanting clicks because after Scorsese and all those director interviews they realized there's clicks in getting people to say Marvel Bad, theres literally someone on tour with a book about Marvels "inevitable downfall", I can't think of any time any series has been under this much public scrutiny and outright hoping for a collapse. Star Wars maybe, but even then it's just the toxic racist morons and not like major trades. Hard to enjoy anything when everything's now a twenty page thread topic or massive publication about how it's a sign Marvel is dead forever every other day.

Edited by SpiderByte

3 minutes ago, Cap said:

***SNIP****

See the above folks?  This is what happens when y'all flood the forum with a bunch of silly things day after day after day after day. 

THE HBIC WHO HAS BEEN AVOIDING THIS THREAD LIKE THE PLAGUE (for her own sense of mental health if nothing else) COMES IN WITH A ROCK LIKE SMACKDOWN SUMMARY POST!

HAPPY NOW?!? :lol: 

(seriously, feel for you @Cap having been finally dragged in here after avoiding it so long :sadno: :hug::lol:)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

250 pages and we don’t even have social media reactions out huh? I wonder how many pages this baby can add in the 24 hours following the reactions dropping and then again how many pages we’ll get out of the reviews.

Oh boy, when was the last time a thread was so active before anything was actually out? 

Beginning Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I have a solution to getting through it for those of us with barely any (or zero) investment in all this handwringing:

More-wine GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Lol even if I wasn't going to be out of town for family stuff around then I wouldn't come here. I wouldn't even if the reactions are positive.