Eric is Anxious

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

7 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

I don't understand this at all.  How exactly do you think they are "trying really hard to make Ms. Marvel another Spider-Man??"   By just existing in this universe and being young or something??  

Yes, you've been saying this for a while(or maybe it was someone else?) but like if you just deleted all characters that were in flops, we wouldn't have the Hulk anymore because he got 2 solo movies that did nothing, but he works pretty great in support. 

You're also trying to compress time and space by saying they shouldn't have put her in this movie because her show flopped either ignoring or forgetting that the show came out after them movie finished filming.

I feel like there are 60/40 odds the dude hasn't even seen a single trailer for this. I wouldn't even bother engaging

6 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Most likely fresh tomato but 90%? Doubtful. 

It's more likely for a director's MCU-debut to score higher than their pre-MCU average RT critic score than lower. Anything more than 1-2 points below is especially uncommon. DaCosta has an 89.5. I will be deeply surprised if The Marvels score settles anywhere below 84. 

drsgseg.png?ex=655d6b43&is=654af643&hm=e

Edited by Hypercortical

Well all we have to go by are these responses, and so far theyve been positive. Including one from someone who's consistently been on the same track as critics saying it's good, and someone who's been very, very, very negative about the movie leading up to now indicating she liked it a lot as well. Obviously a small sample size, and could easily swing the other way, but this is what we have so far.

• Haha 1