Eric is Quiet

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

Looks fun enough. CGI is a bit rough but Marvel has never had solid CGI and the November delay should help. I think it has an uphill battle of the mixed reception of the past few phases and a stacked November but if this is good, as well as if Guardians/SI/Loki are well received, I think it’ll be able to weather it.

110/265/590 w/o China/645

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Oh that looks much better than I thought it would. 

I feared a Quantumania green screen environment throughout. This looks a bit different from the new normal too. 

We all know the box office has waned a bit for superhero stuff and folks are a bit burnt on the MCU stuff but really they need to get back to executing their usual formula well. For most, they absolutely failed to execute their usual formula well for Thor 4 and Ant-Man 3. If this can deliver the fun, the smiles, so wonder and good enough action beats it could be kinda like MCU Spidey meets MCU Guardians... That would be the best case scenario at least. I think if it does, it'll do fine not great at the box office. 

Helped by so much on set filming rather than all green screen mush (who knew you don’t have to do green screen on a flat sound stage!) - cat the best part of the trailer but Captain Marvel has a bit more character here.

Still comes across as Captain Marvel teaming up with some randos but the fact their leaning on the ‘she’s forced to’ will work fairly well based on the trailer. Still bizzare their 1Bn dollar star is getting what appears to be the smaller part if the trailer is anything to go on.

Am just glad the trailer is more or less 95% filmed on sets with design and elevation and stuff in them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sckathian said:

Helped by so much on set filming rather than all green screen mush (who knew you don’t have to do green screen on a flat sound stage!) - cat the best part of the trailer but Captain Marvel has a bit more character here.

Still comes across as Captain Marvel teaming up with some randos but the fact their leaning on the ‘she’s forced to’ will work fairly well based on the trailer. Still bizzare their 1Bn dollar star is getting what appears to be the smaller part if the trailer is anything to go on.

Am just glad the trailer is more or less 95% filmed on sets with design and elevation and stuff in them.

I wish this was centered on Captain Marvel

Cause the teaser is giving me anxiety. Captain Marvel is barely in the trailer. It is more focused on other 2 , I know they are both new characters but still

People need to be aware this is follow up of Captain Marvel.  I hope things turn out right

3 minutes ago, Sckathian said:

Still bizzare their 1Bn dollar star is getting what appears to be the smaller part if the trailer is anything to go on.

I wonder why is that? And why did they decide to make a team up movie? Brie not charismatic enough on her own? The first movie made bank

Edited by Maggie

8 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Getting GA who haven't seen Ms Marvel to buy into the premise will be hard.

I don't really see how. The plot of Ms Marvel doesn't seem relevant to the events of this movie beyond "a hero named Ms Marvel exists and is a fan of Carol"

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't really see how. The plot of Ms Marvel doesn't seem relevant to the events of this movie beyond "a hero named Ms Marvel exists and is a fan of Carol"

Then they should have focused on that.

Both characters they are focusing on trailers are unknown to GP. 

Just now, Madhuvan said:

Then they should have focused on that.

Both characters they are focusing on trailers are unknown to GP. 

Monica was literally in the first Captain Marvel movie. And again, they're the two characters with most prominence in this trailer. They don't need to explain the plot of the Ms Marvel show more than they already have: Kamala has powers, she has a family, she's a big superhero fan. The stuff with the Noor dimension and stuff isn't relevant to the story so why would they spend so much time on it when it isn't related to the plot of this story.

You guys are really, really overthinking how much they need to explain each character. Sequels introducing new characters is not a new thing.