Eric is Quiet

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

How do you see the dislikes on YouTube videos? 

You half to follow the anti woke or the MCU posters. They love to post the dislike to try to prove whatever point they trying to make.

Edited by PrinceRico
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

No you don't. There's a plug in that you can download that brings the dislikes back.

The developers behind the extension use their own database to track dislikes since the count is no longer accessible from YouTube API. The database is fed by the extension users, and guess which group has been promoting the use of this extension to justify its "go woke, go broke" speech.

• Like 2

Trailer views on YouTube and Instagram are not good. This is not crossing $600M at the box office at this rate. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: if the audience doesn't see the character as a big character, they won't take the movie about that character seriously. Let's see now how much SDCC or "Secret Invasion" boosts interest in the movie.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

I will also say this having seen it again, and I hope regardless of what we think of the trailer itself we can agree on this:

Iman Vellani twice in this trailer has to play Kamala as being in a seemingly life threatening situation. Once a vocal performance when hurtling through space, and once visibly when seeing the Flerkin for the first time.

She plays both of those moments sincerely and gun-barrel straight as being terrified. 

And that is deeply, deeply refreshing. It shouldn't be, but it is. And puts much bigger names than her to shame. And is why likening this to Thor L&T is IMO incorrect. 

For some one who’s first role was Ms. Marvel I believe, she’s a natural and incredibly charismatic.

11 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Emphasizing Kamala and her family is all I needed to see. I’m on board. 

I’m surprised they kept the actor for the father around but I suppose this might’ve been filmed before word came out about his skeeviness.

1 hour ago, LVB said:

The developers behind the extension use their own database to track dislikes since the count is no longer accessible from YouTube API. The database is fed by the extension users, and guess which group has been promoting the use of this extension to justify its "go woke, go broke" speech.

Exactly. They are so pathetic and sad. It’s funny.

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

There is a plug in available if you use chrome.

@grey ghost one I use with my browser is 

gO0Vv8.jpg

2 hours ago, poweranimals said:

No you don't. There's a plug in that you can download that brings the dislikes back.

This isn't exactly true. This does not show dislikes. The way the extension works is it takes the likes:dislike ratio from extension users and then applies it to the public like count. But that means it's not really accurate, especially since the plugin is wildly used by people who want to push storylines of mass reject from the public for films like this or TLM.

A fun plugin for sure but I'd take its results with a grain of salt in cases like these.

• Like 1

She Hulk and Ms Marvel both got a lot of trailer views. I think you can over obsess over trailer views especially for a teaser. Does not always lead to audiences. 

On the like/dislike ratio most people have made the right points on the dislikes but also people like videos for different reasons. Some people do it just to add a video to a playlist under their likes for example, others only to support a creator.

Most don’t bother which is a problem.

Can someone explain how Instagram video views get counted? For example, the Marvels trailer currently has 4.4M views on Marvel Studios' account, but other Marvel accounts are not showing trailer views. So these 4.4 million views are overall views across Instagram, or is it just from one account?

21 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Can someone explain how Instagram video views get counted? For example, the Marvels trailer currently has 4.4M views on Marvel Studios' account, but other Marvel accounts are not showing trailer views. So these 4.4 million views are overall views across Instagram, or is it just from one account?

You have to click on the likes to get the views. The 4,4M is only from that account

Marvel Studios account has 4,4M views but the "Marvel" account has 10,7M views. 

Edited by thajdikt
  • Thanks 1

I haven't really been keeping up with news regarding this movie but I actually dug the trailer. It looks like a fun quirky adventure, perhaps more tolerable than Love and Thunder for me since I find the actress who plays Kamala Khan to be quite charming and genuine. And I'm certainly down to see more female led and directed big budget movies myself, so I'm rooting for this movie all the way.

I don't think this movie will make a billion dollars but I do feel like a lot people will be vibing with this. It disappointing that Ant Man 3 turned out the way it did, but to me it looks like it'll be 2 out of 3 for Marvel this year. Not bad.

Edited by clockwork

22 minutes ago, clockwork said:

I haven't really been keeping up with news regarding this movie but I actually dug the trailer. It looks like a fun quirky adventure, perhaps more tolerable than Love and Thunder for me since I find the actress who plays Kamala Khan to be quite charming and genuine. And I'm certainly down to see more female led and directed big budget movies myself, so I'm rooting for this movie all the way.

I don't think this movie will make a billion dollars but I do feel like a lot people will be vibing with this. It disappointing that Ant Man 3 turned out the way it did, but to me it looks like it'll be 2 out of 3 for Marvel this year. Not bad.

If we go by trailer views on Instagram, which is about 1/3 of Ant-Man 3 or GOTG3, it is not even doing $400M at the box office.

3 minutes ago, Willowra said:

If we go by trailer views on Instagram, which is about 1/3 of Ant-Man 3 or GOTG3, it is not even doing $400M at the box office.

Come on. Comparing trailers that has been out for 1,5+ months vs a trailer that isn´t even 24 hours old yet isn´t fair at all. At least give The Marvels some days before comparing.

• Like 2