Eric Prime

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

22 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Whenever I see people say this about any major blockbuster I wonder if they've...actually seen TV movies 

Sure the hyperbole gets a little too much. But MCU CGI has been pretty bad lately too.

CM visuals have kind of  been bland even the  first movie . Not awful but  not that great either.

59 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Whenever I see people say this about any major blockbuster I wonder if they've...actually seen TV movies 

Yup, the comments here that it looks cheap and like TV made me watch the trailer again and I still can’t see it. This sort of comment has been happening a lot with newer movies too. Is it a case of people getting used to TV movies and shows having better visual quality nowadays than before the days of Game of Thrones and streaming services?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Sure the hyperbole gets a little too much. But MCU CGI has been pretty bad lately too.

CM visuals have kind of  been bland even the  first movie . Not awful but  not that great either.

People said the CGI in She-Hulk "looked like the CW" which only proved they've never actually watched a single one of those shows. People hate just for hatings sake

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Just because a movie LOOKS great doesn't mean it IS great.

You can have the best cinematography in the fucking universe, but if the movie isn't good, it won't matter.

I don't think it's right to personally attack Zack Snyder like this.

Edited by ZeroHour
  • Haha 1

This just looks like the next bland late-stage factory film making from Disney/Marvel. 

Now I can't for all the insufferable discourse from weirdos pretending this is some kind of groundbreaking 'important' movie along with the bearded ragetube grifters ranting about 'feminist propaganda'

• Like 4

On 7/22/2023 at 8:15 PM, Arlborn said:

I’ve been to a party today where I had the displeasure of hearing an unfortunate relative whine about this movie being feminist drivel because it had 3 women as leads, then I mentioned how most superhero movies had one or even two dudes as leads and have the next Deadpool as an example.

Then  he said he was really fucking happy that the movie had 2 guys as leads(Deadpool and Wolverine) to counter this feminist crap and how that was going to be an awesome anti-feminist thing or some shit. So I just left the room in order not to start a fight inside a family party.

Fucking Bolsonaro voters man, they’re the worst.

Funny, I am an American and I feel that way about Trump voters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

Just because a movie LOOKS great doesn't mean it IS great.

You can have the best cinematography in the fucking universe, but if the movie isn't good, it won't matter.

I can name a number of films that have beautiful photography, but they still pretty much suck. 'Heaven's Gate" comes to mind IMHO.

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Lol no. I haven't forgotten the Detective Pikachu billion calls based on how big the trailer was

That's why I said "often", it doesn't mean 100% probability, Pikachu was more of an exception, but in many cases it indicates a potential overperformance or underperformance.

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

This just looks like the next bland late-stage factory film making from Disney/Marvel. 

Now I can't for all the insufferable discourse from weirdos pretending this is some kind of groundbreaking 'important' movie along with the bearded ragetube grifters ranting about 'feminist propaganda'

Pretty much, it's probably gonna be praised and hated for all the wrong reasons.

Hmm…

This is interesting. Even if you take into account that it’s visualizations over over actually finishing the trailers, it beats Guardians including in likes. Take a look at this @Menor the Destroyer:

Not sure how reliable, but this Captain Marvel twitter fanei-me is claiming that it has topped Guardians at the same period:

Edited by ZattMurdock

I'm curious as to what the second weekend tumble will be on this, it's the first MCU movie with legit competition in second frame since...Homecoming? All the recent MCU films sans Guardians 3 have been crashing second weekend of their own accord.

13 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

People said the CGI in She-Hulk "looked like the CW" which only proved they've never actually watched a single one of those shows. People hate just for hatings sake

CGI on she hulk was terrible though just not CW terrible. With a 225m budget it should have looked way better considering it had less action scenes and she hulk was used sparingly . 

TSS was made on 200m budget and looks great. Just look at king shark.

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Lol this board turned so negative on this once Barbie released. You can like both y'know it's not a competition. Barbie won't even be in theaters when this comes out 

Nah, they've been negative on it from the jump lol

• Like 2