Eric Prime

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

42 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

The movie Scott  is referring to has a 45% on RT and 5.1/10 on IMDb. Hmm

Don't know whether he is talking about batman  or he has a negative review.

Social reactions are always weird .though I remain optimistic keeping expectations in check.

Yeah, in a recent article he said he has liked all of Matt Reeves films ( this was before he saw The Batman). 

• Thanks 1

It's not the good time for social media reactions. I know in USA people might care about them, but many countries lives right now only one subject and won't care if the new Batman movie is good or not. Let's wait till Feb 28th when the situation calm down little bit (I hope).

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, Juby said:

It's not the good time for social media reactions. I know in USA people might care about them, but many countries lives right now only one subject and won't care if the new Batman movie is good or not. Let's wait till Feb 28th when the situation calm down little bit (I hope).

People move on very fast

2 hours ago, Juby said:

Another change in the last Long Range Forecast for The Batman:

3/4/2022 The Batman $130,000,000 – $170,000,000 -10% $330,000,000 – $475,000,000 -9% TBD xx Warner Bros. Pictures

The low end of their projections are more then I thought the movie would make so I’m just hoping for that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TrevorBelmont9078 said:

Best Cinematography definitely feels like it's on the table. 

Here's hoping. 

At the same time though, we have Kaminski, Lubezki, Prieto, and Sandgren all releasing films at the end of the year (and if Empire of Light is finished on time, then Deakins will almost inevitably be nominated), so I can't help but feel a little hesitant to say it's a shoo-in.

2 hours ago, Juby said:

Another change in the last Long Range Forecast for The Batman:

3/4/2022 The Batman $130,000,000 – $170,000,000 -10% $330,000,000 – $475,000,000 -9% TBD xx Warner Bros. Pictures

sub 100 by monday :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Mondays gonna be funny when some negative reactions come out and people freak out like usual even though there should be plenty of positive ones. 

Oh absolutely, already seeing some people freaking out over someone who said that they loved the film but had minor issues with it. You'll have the Batman fans freaking out over every miniscule negative review and you'll have the Snyder fanboys saying "See? this review wouldn't be negative if Ben was making his film" - I just feel it in my bones :P

Nevertheless, like I said - I'd be very happy if this film stays above 80% RT after 100-150 reviews. It's solid enough for a new Batman reboot that is swinging for the fencing with what it's trying to do. Not everyone is going to love it, but not everyone has to.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

The Suicide Squad got a 90 on RT, I expect nothing less from The batman

I fully expect to like The Batman more (and I loved TSS), but it's 3 hours, dark, gritty, and potentially bold or risky. All reasons I'm likely to adore it, but it might not be as universally appealing as a TSS or NWH. Still it does appear that Top Critics (people who will appear on RT/Metacritic) are really liking or loving the movie.

Edited by Dragoncaine

3 hours ago, Juby said:

The situation in the Ukraine is not calming down for a long time.

• Like 2