Eric Burnett

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

yeah yeah I know a 90+ rotten tomatoes (although slightly meaningless) is always good for marketing purposes and that's what the'll use

But is a 73 metacritic really good enough to significantly affect peoples anticipation for this movie?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

2 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

yeah yeah I know a 90+ rotten tomatoes (although slightly meaningless) is always good for marketing purposes and that's what the'll use

But is a 73 metacritic really good enough to significantly affect people anticipation for this movie?

I don't know that we were expecting either of these scores to have a direct impact on overall anticipation. And if either of them would have more than a trivial impact, it wouldn't be Metacritic, which isn't as well known to the general public as RT.

Edited by harrisonisdead

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

But is a 73 metacritic really good enough to significantly affect people anticipation for this movie?

The average at RT is 8.5, yeah is meaningful enough

Metacritic have a 25/100 bringing it down, but still pretty good

• Like 1

Almost all movies have a negative review bringing down the Metacritic, so that doesn't really seem like much of an asterisk. That's just how averages work. Plus, with 36 reviews, a 25/100 will hurt the average by less than 1.5 points. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 5

Just now, Menor Reborn said:

Almost all movies have a negative review bringing down the Metacritic, so that doesn't really seem like much of an asterisk. That's just how averages work. 

Plus it's only bringing it down like a percent at this point, anyways. There are 36 reviews now and will ultimately be like 50-60, one review isn't going to make or break the score.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

But is a 73 metacritic really good enough to significantly affect peoples anticipation for this movie?

Normies don't use Metacritic

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Not trying to cause any issues but I think the general audience gravitate now more to RT than Meta and so I think only RT is a true factor 

Only thing that thrives on Metacritic is Video Game reviews. Movie and TV reviews are pretty much all-RT all the time. The only time I see Metacritic brought into movie reviews is when people are trying to handicap the awards race.

1 minute ago, BruiseCruise said:

Does RT even matter to general audiences? Critics panned uncharted and it wildly outperformed expectations set before reviews even came out

Well if it's rave reviews then maybe it will help because there's some Batman fatigue out there or so I hear so maybe this Kickstart peoples interest again 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Does RT even matter to general audiences? Critics panned uncharted and it wildly outperformed expectations set before reviews even came out

Eh, Uncharted getting bad reviews is waaaay different than something like this getting bad reviews. DC and RT are kinda a package when it comes to pre-release buzz. 

• Like 2