Eric is Quiet

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

24 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Film Twitter being convinced that the movie would cause real world violence is one of the strangest panics ever.

To be fair, movie-related controversies usually end with a reaction of "really, over this?!" more often than not.

• Like 3

Was looking up showtimes and realized this is going to get a crazy wide release. There's a few theaters around me which only play indie and arthouse movies, this is getting released in those theaters as well. NWH got into a couple of those as well but they rarely book blockbusters.

The March 1 IMAX shows are 15 minutes longer, I'm guessing a cast Q&A or something like that is attached.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Ugh, it looks like this movie is following NWH’s example and starting its Thursday night “previews” at 3:00 PM. This is ridiculous. 

Pretty much have to follow trends, though it certainly will make comparisons more difficult. Any movie opening at 3 PM on Thursday is opening on Thursday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I can’t say I understand why NFTs managed to catch on. Are that many people really that stupid?

I imagine it could be in part not stupid at all people creating a more efficient way to do what the art piece does in Delaware and other free ports container in the world (i.e. what is shown in Tenet seem to be a more spectacular/cinematic presentation of what has been going on for a while)

https://www.widewalls.ch/magazine/delaware-freeport-fine-art-storage

And other expect are crypto basement multi-millionaire, which is an extreme case of new money that would not do good taste for high society things with their fortune (and that show by some of the art being popular).

10 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I imagine it could be in part not stupid at all people creating a more efficient way to do what the art piece does in Delaware and other free ports container in the world (i.e. what is shown in Tenet seem to be a more spectacular/cinematic presentation of what has been going on for a while)

And other expect are crypto basement multi-millionaire, which is an extreme case of new money that would not do good taste for high society things with their fortune (and that show by some of the art being popular).

The issue is that the NFT is not the art, the NFT is a token on the blockchain which says that you own the art. The art itself is not protected in this case. Also, if one of those exchanges goes belly-up as is very possible, the art and the token both disappear.

38 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Spider-Man did the same thing. This will be a constant. Cinema was a mistake.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The issue is that the NFT is not the art, the NFT is a token on the blockchain which says that you own the art. The art itself is not protected in this case. Also, if one of those exchanges goes belly-up as is very possible, the art and the token both disappear.

I think from an owner point of view a painting that is stock like above in a freeport somewhere in the world is quite similar, it is a storage of value not "art" that is seen or appreciated in any way (and now could relatively easily create near perfect copy at a good price if it would be about the art, the fact that certificate of authentication was a thing made it clear that it was not about art).

Those first vague of NFT removed the pretend in a way, a more sofiscated second wave will maybe try to do more than being a pure equivalent than a stored painting (they already many try outhere like the Giving what you can Pledge charity effort NFT).

I doubt the art has a good risk of disappearing, from what I understand the chain is costly so the art will always be backuped at low cost I would imagine.

Edited by Barnack

27 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I’m talking about the people who buy them, not the ones who sell them. 

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m talking about the people who buy them, not the ones who sell them. 

I had the people that buy them (and will resell them) like for the modern regular art work trade example, they were all bought by someone.