Eric the IF

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

7 minutes ago, belblazer said:

The guy from Batman on Film will see this in two weeks, so I'm guessing that a press screening will happen by then.

That sounds accurate, and I would assume WB might wanna drop the embargo early as the final marketing push - assuming it doesn't blow up in their face.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That sounds accurate, and I would assume WB might wanna drop the embargo early as the final marketing push - assuming it doesn't blow up in their face.

If i was to guess, i would say something like

Tickets Feb 10

Social Embargo Feb 21

Review Embargo Feb 28/March 1

You get ticket sale boosts all 3 times if reactions and reviews are good post the initial sales.

56 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Wow super shocked that some people have super aggressively negative takes on TFatW without any explanation...

16e85817e2174b80341456a0ce930bc8.gif

are you kidding? sure marvel diehards and general audience seemed to have liked it but reviewers definitely viewed at as being the weakest of the shows.

It had good concepts(Isaiah, walker, sam stepping up) that werent done right or poor executed. what explanation do you need exactly?

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

If i was to guess, i would say something like

Tickets Feb 10

Social Embargo Feb 21

Review Embargo Feb 28/March 1

You get ticket sale boosts all 3 times if reactions and reviews are good post the initial sales.

Looked into it more and apparently this Batman on Film guy said he hasn't been told there's an embargo as of yet, we'll have to see how it goes.

• Like 1

Falcon and Winter Soldier is one of my least favorite MCU project. Winter Soldier's arc and development was undermined. The main relationship had none of the spark and banter from Civil War. The politics are glib and centric. The action was far from polished with the gray washed out MCU aesthetic being particularly deadening. Felt drawn on and still incomplete by the finale. Zemo is such a boring presence. 

I wouldn't underestimate this. It's the first event film since December and I don't think the darkness will be distancing like BVS. If anything, it gives it a veil of importance ala Joker. Unfortunately, many film bros will love this

7 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Dig that The Patz always tends to have original thoughts and opinions that aren't faux edgy or offensive.

I like Robert Patttinson and he is giving every sign of being a great Batman but when I saw this my reaction was "Guess he never saw Batman and Robin".

24 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I like Robert Patttinson and he is giving every sign of being a great Batman but when I saw this my reaction was "Guess he never saw Batman and Robin".

Batman & Robin achieves exactly what it sets out to achieve!  It's an uproarious elevation of Batman lore with puns-a-plenty and no apologies for its flamboyance! 😁 Therefore it remains gloriously entertaining!  For those reasons, it's far more rewatchable than Batman Forever...which attempts to have it both ways -- Burton-esque and loopy, and doesn't know where it stands.  I get what Pattinson's saying!  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Batman & Robin achieves exactly what it sets out to achieve!  It's an uproarious elevation of Batman lore with puns-a-plenty and no apologies for its flamboyance! 😁 Therefore it remains gloriously entertaining!  For those reasons, it's far more rewatchable than Batman Forever...which attempts to have it both ways -- Burton-esque and loopy, and doesn't know where it stands.  I get what Pattinson's saying!  

Anyone who watched B&R and isn't smiling is an obvious buzzkill.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Technically speaking, 305 is 250+

Well, it would be as well for 305 and 150m+, but that's not generally how it's read by the hoi polloi. 

Spoiler

Was planning on putting up the Dodgeball touché gif when this point was inevitably made, as I knew it would be when I posted it, but decided to swerve at the last minute. :ph34r:

Edited by Porthos