Eric Lasagna

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

I'll say again - a batman film being a 15 is not a small deal. Joker and Suicide Squad doing it is one thing, but for WB's biggest, ostensibly family-friendly superhero... that's a statement of intent.

(I know Batman Returns was 15 but, well, that kind of proves my point.)

17 hours ago, Eric Poirot said:

Spider-Man did the same thing. This will be a constant. Cinema was a mistake.

Was on Fandango and realized that even Moonfall has NFTs with their tickets. Wonder if Death on the Nile will have NFTs - own Hercule Poirot.

10 hours ago, FilmFincher said:

Officially rated 15 by the BBFC 

https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/the-batman-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc01mzi3otm

The ratings info tab contains a more detailed breakdown as to why. (I will be avoiding this though, I've managed to restrict myself to only the first teaser and Giacchino's score) 

Read some of the shit in that article. This movie is gonna be intense if some of it puns out. That 15 rating is no joke.

• Thanks 1

Battinson on the cover of GQ. Other than Batfleck, he is probably the most famous of any actor prior to playing a superhero. I have always wondered what could have been if a mega heartthrob player a super hero - should have happened with Josh Hartnett and Superman nearly 2000s - and we are about to find out. 

Don't underestimate the role Pattinson is playing in this films mega buzz.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

So, how are the IMAX previews doing?

I'm not a box office expert

As expected. It’s a limited number of shows and all in IMAX/PLF, so they were going to sellout (for the most part). We won’t really know anything significant until the first 24 hours of presales happen (Thursday into Friday) then we can use our comps.

• Like 1