The Wild Eric

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

25 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

Recommendation Part 2 almost confirmed. Jett over at Batman on Film said he's going to see it on either the 21st or 22nd and that he would be able to talk about it immediately. So that's very likely our social embargo date.

https://twitter.com/CriticalOverlo3/status/1492313999584731136   

Weird, this guy says both the social media embargo and review embargo are on the 28th.

Edited by 21C
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, 21C said:

Weird, this guy says both the social media embargo and review embargo are on the 28th.

That’s not usually how it is but we’ll see. 

I don’t know if there’s a point to show the movie this early if they don’t allow social media reactions first tbh. 

Edited by cax16

4 minutes ago, 21C said:

It would be strange to have the social and review embargo on the same date; instead of getting two pops (assuming they're positive) you only get one, as it basically renders the social critique irrelevant. But who knows? We'll find out soon enough.

Just now, A Star is Orm said:

It would be strange to have the social and review embargo on the same date; instead of getting two pops (assuming they're positive) you only get one, as it basically renders the social critique irrelevant. But who knows? We'll find out soon enough.

To be fair that's pretty much what Sony did with NWH tho, maybe WB just wants to follow them along. 

Without entering in details for obvious reasons, but if what i read about the cut tested on the last test screening is true, they kinda have at least one big enough reason to try to hold spoilers until very close to release.

The news coming out in the week of release could be actually helpful to make people even more interested.

I've seen this guy getting confused about different embargo dates before tho, so let's wait, but i wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, in an unexpected twist, tickets for this are now on sale in my country. That's insanely early, since presales (which only really happen with comic book/superhero movies here) start two weeks early at best. For this one, there's still nearly a month left until the movie. Warner's really bullish on this movie.

36 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's that worldofreel guy, who isn't the brightest out there but when he shares early reactions from a critic screening it has always been accurate (i.e. a real reaction lol).

Yeah, he had some juicy ones when The Bat was test screening. His tastes definitely seem to lean more indie than blockbuster, but he listed Batman as one of his most anticipated films of '22. (It was the only CBM that made the list.)

40 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Since it seems like WB is very confident in this and every insider out there has said that the film has gotten great reactions i don't get the late embargo. Many have said that it's not the "spoiler" type of movie so they should use the reviews to build hype.

I think it will increase a lot the interest to see the movie on the first week. Or maybe because of spoilers.

• Like 1