Eric is Quiet

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

12 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

I mean, it is Batman. His last 2 solo movies hit a billion and people swear he's the most popular superhero

i mean spiderman before nwh spiderman had te same amount of one billion movies as captain amercia and iron man

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

I mean, it is Batman. His last 2 solo movies hit a billion and people swear he's the most popular superhero

And... it's literally outdoing most DC films in the US and will likely hit 800m+ WW at a time where nearly nothing else has. Expecting this to gross TDK #s now, and for a reboot doesn't make sense. 

Edited by AdrianL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

And... it's literally outdoing most DC films in the US and will likely hit 800m+ WW at a time where nearly nothing else has. Expecting this to gross TDK #s now, and for a reboot doesn't make sense. 

The TDK movies were sequels too.

Edited by SupermanLego
  • Like 1

The movie is a gigantic success in that there film, characters and tone were very well liked. Unless they really botch the film and release, THE BATMAN 2 is going to see a sizable increase opening weekend and overseas. It is also obvious that covid affected the overseas gross a bit.

• Like 2

This movie is 3 Hours long, is the 900th Batman film and the 10.000th Superhero Film in the last 10 years and has 3 action scenes. And yes, btw i loved it.

It really should be allowed to be considered a big hit even if it "only" grosses 750-800M Worldwide. Its succesfull in starting a new Batman trilogy and has a great reception, especially among fans. This could very well lead to a Batman Begins and The Dar Knight situation where a beloved first entry layed the groundwork for a massive breakout sequel.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

People are claiming this should’ve made a billion because Joker was an inexplicable breakout hit overseas. If this had been the first Batman-related movie since Justice League, no one would be calling it a disappointment. 

Is anyone outside the Snyder cult and the people who pander to them actually calling this a disappointment? I think those idiots can be ignored.

20 hours ago, Coneilg93 said:

So, we’re in the era if it doesn’t hit a billion that means it’s flop? Lol I’m reading that online, geez. 

I think people don’t realize that those Marvel numbers are an anomaly and not the norm! DC fans just have to get used to the fact DC cannot compete with Marvel and WB cannot compete with Disney! Just enjoy the quality films

• ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

She literally said mega hits make 2 Billion and regular hits make 1 Billion. 🤡

Well in a way shes right. For those who have had an interest in box office for over 20 years, 2b has become the new Billie. Just like clearing 300m domestically is no longer the prestigious milestone it once was. That just shows how the markets have changed

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

3 hours ago, Tarintino said:

Well in a way shes right. For those who have had an interest in box office for over 20 years, 2b has become the new Billie. Just like clearing 300m domestically is no longer the prestigious milestone it once was. That just shows how the markets have changed

this doesn't even make sense, it's not just any movie that manages to cross the 1 billion mark at the box office

• Like 3

2 hours ago, poncho said:

this doesn't even make sense, it's not just any movie that manages to cross the 1 billion mark at the box office

No not any movie but its certainly more common now. It really depends on what the writers idea of a mega hit is, so it's hard to write off an opinion like that

Edited by Tarintino