Eric Furiosa

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

24 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

It's Grace Randolph. That's reason enough for most people in this thread to ignore it.

Well  Batman making 700m isnt enough.. It needed to make atleast a billion given 200m production and over 150m in marketing (inside scoop is that Toby Emmerich trying to save his job following the merger by  splurging on marketing of Batman and The Suicide Squad which blew up on their faces)..

Anything less than a billion is bad.. anything less than 800m is a unmitigated DISASTER.. 

Making 11m in China opening weekend is embarrassing.. A three hour slow paced uninteresting story doesn't work  with mainstream audiences.. 

and the movie wasnt that good either..

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, finsatire said:

Well  Batman making 700m isnt enough.. It needed to make atleast a billion given 200m production and over 150m in marketing (inside scoop is that Toby Emmerich trying to save his job following the merger by  splurging on marketing of Batman and The Suicide Squad which blew up on their faces)..

Anything less than a billion is bad.. anything less than 800m is a unmitigated DISASTER.. 

Making 11m in China opening weekend is embarrassing.. A three hour slow paced uninteresting story doesn't work  with mainstream audiences.. 

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

38 minutes ago, finsatire said:

Your name has satire in it, so this post checks out

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, finsatire said:

Haha I actually agree that less than 1b WW for a well recieved Batman movie is bad

• ...wtf 3

1 hour ago, finsatire said:

A three hour slow paced uninteresting story doesn't work  with mainstream audiences.. 

The fact that it's on the cusp of surpassing the domestic totals of both Batman v Superman and Aquaman, and in a fraction of the time either film spent in theatres, says otherwise. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dragoncaine said:

Every few days people conveniently forget that the theatrical moviegoing experience has forever changed for so many people during the pandemic. Even after it's totally over, a significant chunk of former moviegoers will no longer go back to theaters for most movies.

I underatand this but NWH proved that the comic book fans aren't part of that chunk. 

I guess the stigma was just worse than I thought but I figured if Joker and Aquaman could make 1b despite not being as good, then The Batman should have had no problem reaching that milestone too

• ...wtf 2

3 minutes ago, Tarintino said:

I underatand this but NWH proved that the comic book fans aren't part of that chunk. 

I guess the stigma was just worse than I thought but I figured if Joker and Aquaman could make 1b despite not being as good, then The Batman should have had no problem reaching that milestone too

Joker brought in people who normally didn't watch comic book movies according to some articles from foreign countries and aquaman is a movie with family appeal, batman is neither of those

$800m+, 2nd biggest Hollywood film of the pandemic isn't anything to look down upon. What matters is that the film was generally well received and a sequel is inevitable. Now imagine if this released in its original October 2021 slot on day and date... lol

NWH should be nowhere near the conversation in looking at The Batman's box office. It was an anomally that won't be replicated (... by anything non-MCU) anytime soon. 

• Like 1

It has been obvious this was not hitting $1 billion since the midnight numbers came in. Sequel needs to be a bit brighter and more action oriented, but that's really the only correction needed.

• Like 1

Not this again. DC movies are the only ones called a flop or disappointment for selling $800-900 million worth of tickets worldwide. Insane. In a world where the Godzilla/Kong franchise gets going and media companies throw $100-150 million left and right for a single season of a tv show, I refuse to believe The Batman will not be very profitable for Warner.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Not this again. DC movies are the only ones called a flop or disappointment for selling $800-900 million worth of tickets worldwide. Insane. In a world where the Godzilla/Kong franchise gets going and media companies throw $100-150 million left and right for a single season of a tv show, I refuse to believe The Batman will not be very profitable for Warner.

The only DC movie before this one to sell in the 800-900mil range and called a disappointment was BvS and that was  deserved, should have been an avengers 1-2 type event and flamed out, nobody called WW a disappointment and only Grace has said that about the batman

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AdrianL said:

Grace Randolph literally just made a 18 minute video on why this should hit a billion... embarrassing.

Oh, I first read this as she made a video on why the movie deserves to make a billion...

I was like, "YUP!" She spilled. Never mind..."fuck that shady bitch, Shangela!"

Edited by Claire of Themyscira

1 hour ago, AnDr3s said:

so in the end of this week over man of steel worldwide and over BvS domestic

I can’t wait! Lol might not make a billion but at least please past the Snyderverse movies. Probably not going reach 872M to beat BVS worldwide though. 

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

This movie is doing strong business domestically. It’s going to pass BvS, Aquaman and Joker, with more still in the tank. Overseas just isn’t as great as many of us were hoping. 

The movie is doing great numbers in Europe and LATM but underperforming in Asia.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AdrianL said:

Grace Randolph literally just made a 18 minute video on why this should hit a billion... embarassing.

I mean, it is Batman. His last 2 solo movies hit a billion and people swear he's the most popular superhero

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1