Eric Loves Rey

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

6 hours ago, excel1 said:

Legs the last 10 days have been less than amazing, with the last 5 days partially not great. I am firmly in the mind that the film is being both well received and rejected for full 2nd viewings by many due to length and pace. Mind won't change here, either. 

The Batman 2 needs to be a tighter, faster film with a bit more action. Tone and everything can remain, but those 2 changes are definitely needed.

TB has a good chance of being WB 4th highest domestic movie ever. How is that not good ? however i do believe you are right on about how there needs to be more action and a lower runtime for the batman 2. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, excel1 said:

Legs the last 10 days have been less than amazing, with the last 5 days partially not great. I am firmly in the mind that the film is being both well received and rejected for full 2nd viewings by many due to length and pace. Mind won't change here, either. 

The Batman 2 needs to be a tighter, faster film with a bit more action. Tone and everything can remain, but those 2 changes are definitely needed.

And most importantly no 45 day window

batman-hishe.gif

• Haha 1

I would have still gone to see this in a Dolby Cinema...if it was still playing in one.  I've simply been too busy to catch it, yet, and the (Lie)Max screens near me mostly suck, too...and what's the point of doing a "regular" theater for movies like this?  We've had this debate before here.   So now I will probably just wait for HBOMax that I'm already paying for.  I imagine a few hundred thousand patrons might feel the same.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Disbelief 1

On 3/24/2022 at 12:10 PM, cax16 said:

Cool scene and I look forward to seeing his joker in the future but we didn’t need that scene in the movie so it was a good call to cut it. 

I think they wanted to keep their Joker options open.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 5:28 AM, cax16 said:

All I’ll say about Gr*ce is she knows exactly who her audience is and what they wanna hear. 

General rule of thumb has always been 2.5X production budget. That doesn’t suddenly change with The Batman. That’s not how this works. 

Which is why I prefer "THe Trades" like Variety  and a couple of other sources like the LA Times (with so much of the film industry concentrared in LA the coverage has to be good ) when it comes to hard facts about movie box office. They don't care about pleasing fanboys, and they have professional standards when it comes to Journalism something Grace and most of the fan oreinted websites don't have.

And I have never been fond of Grace's whole "look at me! I  am a cute blond who is also a nerd and a geek" shtick.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 5:52 PM, ViewerAnon said:

*CUT TO: eight years later*

Just a couple of quick things:

In terms of me disappearing/not disappearing, it's not about getting attention. If I deactivate with notice, people tell me not to do it (or say I deactivated for attention). If I deactivate without notice, people wonder where I went and I feel bad about that. But if I don't deactivate, I get sucked down the Twitter rabbit hole of posting a million times a day, pulling me away from actual life and work things.

In no way do I ever think I'm an authority on reviews or fandom. But I do at least know enough people that I think posting what I've heard is of interest to "my audience" - which is 95% superhero movie fans, and a small minority of them are very quick to anger and lashing out. So yeah, it may be pointless, but I figured it wouldn't hurt anybody to try and jump out with, "Remember, if someone doesn't like a movie other people like, don't be a dick to them!" It's not about being an authority, it's just thinking maybe it could stop someone somewhere from being a jerk.

(Comparatively, if I didn't post what I'd heard about BATMAN reaction, people would have gotten mad about that. People call me an ass in my Twitter DMs for not posting SHAZAM 2 and BLACK ADAM test screening reactions)

So it's all a balance. The point of those tweets was actually to try and get people excited because I thought reviews were going to be really good. I'm genuinely sorry if it just looks like I'm an attention junkie though.

Dude, you're literally on Twitter teasing about Snyder Cut being Canon

A Snyder fan on Twitter who goes by the name ‘Merc’ seems to be working overtime to try and get actors from this movie canceled. You know what? I’m starting to think that maybe the world really would’ve been better off if Zack Snyder never signed on to direct a Superman film. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

A Snyder fan on Twitter who goes by the name ‘Merc’ seems to be working overtime to try and get actors from this movie canceled. You know what? I’m starting to think that maybe the world really would’ve been better off if Zack Snyder never signed on to direct a Superman film. 

It's not like other fandoms don't have people who are extra. Star Wars fans bullied Kelly Marie Tran off social media, Dark Knight trilogy fans sent death threats to a critic over a negative review, Ghostbusters fans were review bombing the 2016 movie's trailer because of the female cast. Most of the people who love those franchises are good people with no bad intention, and they shouldn't be judged for the actions of a few. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It's not like other fandoms don't have people who are extra. Star Wars fans bullied Kelly Marie Tran off social media, Dark Knight trilogy fans sent death threats to a critic over a negative review, Ghostbusters fans were review bombing the 2016 movie's trailer because of the female cast. Most of the people who love those franchises are good people with no bad intention, and they shouldn't be judged for the actions of a few. 

I get that, but I can’t help but feel that the entire discourse surrounding DC movies for the past decade has just been exhausting. I supported the release of the Snyder Cut, but people need to move on. Robert Pattinson is the new Batman. Trying to get rid of him isn’t going to result in a Batfleck movie. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Well he definitely try but always get ratioed. 

He tried exposed racism from Pattinson few hours ago with a distorted interview and everyone is attacking him, not Pattinson, because at this point everyone knows how these cult behaves.

Honestly there are rumours that Warner is considering keeping Ben Affleck after The Flash in DCU but they really shouldn't.

Personally i liked Snyder, he's a sweet person, but his fans are literally a cult, Warner is playing with fire if they're really considering once more giving this people what they want, because they're never satisfied. They get Snyder Cult and they keep demanding more and attacking everyone and everything from DC, i'm sure if they get Batfleck back, they will start demanding another thing and keep attacking other DC projects.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Well he definitely try but always get ratioed. 

He tried exposed racism from Pattinson few hours ago with a distorted interview and everyone is attacking him, not Pattinson, because at this point everyone knows how these cult behaves.

Honestly there are rumours that Warner is considering keeping Ben Affleck after The Flash in DCU but they really shouldn't.

Personally i liked Snyder, he's a sweet person, but his fans are literally a cult, Warner is playing with fire if they're really considering once more giving this people what they want, because they're never satisfied. They get Snyder Cult and they keep demanding more and attacking everyone and everything from DC, i'm sure if they get Batfleck back, they will start demanding another thing and keep attacking other DC projects.

The cult gonna cult. It's a horrible collection of people whose only job seems to be spamming hashtags and hounding people online.

The sooner the cult goes, the better. Screw the cult, they all suck. Even the people saying "not everyone is like this" don't speak against the actions of these idiots making them equally culpable. 

In short, the Snydercult can suck it .

• Like 8

3 hours ago, grim22 said:

The cult gonna cult. It's a horrible collection of people whose only job seems to be spamming hashtags and hounding people online.

The sooner the cult goes, the better. Screw the cult, they all suck. Even the people saying "not everyone is like this" don't speak against the actions of these idiots making them equally culpable. 

In short, the Snydercult can suck it .

I'm sorry to tell you but we're not going anywhere and we'll continue to get what we want, because we have the numbers. It doesn't matter if you continue to delete my posts defending the Snyder fandom, or even if you give me an unjustified ban, it won't change anything.

I'm a gay man who grew up in a financially and culturally poor region of Latin America. I'm used to deal with people hating and trying to silence me because of my preferences.

• Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

39 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'm sorry to tell you but we're not going anywhere and we'll continue to get what we want, because we have the numbers. It doesn't matter if you continue to delete my posts defending the Snyder fandom, or even if you give me an unjustified ban, it won't change anything.

I'm a gay man who grew up in a financially and culturally poor region of Latin America. I'm used to deal with people hating and trying to silence me because of my preferences.

What the...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

<Searched my previous post for any mention of you or any tagging> None found. So this entire post happened because I said "The Snyder Cult is Toxic" without ever mentioning your username, or any fingers pointed to you. Must be that guilty conscience thing.

So you are saying you will continue being a toxic fandom then?

Well good luck with those numbers which consist of a few people spamming hashtags all day and trying to hound the others away. In the meantime, the other fans will just continue doing their thing and not caring what the cult thinks.

• Knock It Off 1

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'm sorry, but all Snyder fans have the same pattern of behavior: they boycott all DC movies, delegitimize Patty as the director of Wonder Woman, demoralize Birds of Prey, threaten Warner employees and are extremely toxic in the media socials.
now they keep saying that The Batman failed. 

Edited by poncho
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

<Searched my previous post for any mention of you or any tagging> None found. So this entire post happened because I said "The Snyder Cult is Toxic" without ever mentioning your username, or any fingers pointed to you. Must be that guilty conscience thing.

So you are saying you will continue being a toxic fandom then?

Well good luck with those numbers which consist of a few people spamming hashtags all day and trying to hound the others away. In the meantime, the other fans will just continue doing their thing and not caring what the cult thinks.

I'm part of a fandom that you have called "a horrible collection of people" and "a cult", you don't have to mention me by name in order for me to take offense in that. Especially in the context of the post that I made that was deleted for no reason, in which I was defending the Snyder fandom saying "not everyone is like this".

You're trying gaslighting on me, but we both know what you did, and I hope other mods can see my comment that was deleted, and I hope someone sees that there was no excuse for that, and neither for the 5 warning points you just gave me for my response to your post.

I didn't break any rule here, unlike you, who have been disrespecting, bullying and purposefully trying to hurt members for simply loving movies they love. That's amongst the first rules that we read when we open the forum guidelines, and any regular member who would make a comment like yours, about any other group of people, would definitely get warned.

I honestly hope you find a way to free yourself from this hate, because, we will get what we want. And we're only doing this to get something we love. It's not about hurting you or anyone else. I really wish we can live in piece and mutual respect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1