Eric Lasagna

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

13 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

That name sounded familiar but I didn't realize she's Neymar's ex. 😵 Blue Beetle is stealthily shaping up to be WB's next big IP. They better market the shit out of it.

LMAO this Jacob Elordi obsession.

I think he deserves a character with more darkness than Superman tho coz he shines in Euphoria. I haven't seen the Kissing Booth movies but everyone keeps saying how they couldn't believe he had the range he displays on Euphoria going by the KB flicks alone so I assume he's wasted in those like how Zendaya is wasted in the Spidey films.

Also he's younger than Ezra Miller so a Superman who is younger than Flash doesn't seem right to me.

The BTS Army would disagree. #BTS4TeenTitansMovieOST

Jacob Elordi is really damn great in Euphoria - he would be a very charismatic villain. 

Zendaya's talent floored me in Euphoria...had no idea she was so insanely talented.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 10:54 AM, Juby said:

For me:

1. Batman Begins 

2. The Dark Knight 

3. Batman (1989)

4. Batman Returns 

5. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm 

6. The Dark Knight Rises 

7. The LEGO Batman Movie

8. Batman Forever 

9. Batman & Robin 

10. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition is better version of this sh**y film)

11. Batman: The Movie (1966) - I'm not a fan of this camp version although I love Adam West as Batman

The best SH films are Begins, TDK and Infinity War.

I need to re-watch Matt Reeves' film (probably two times, one with director's commentary), but for now :

1. Batman Begins (still the best)

2. The Dark Knight

3. Batman (1989)

4. Batman Returns / The Batman

. . .

5 hours ago, Noctis said:

Looking back...Pattinson was a very good Batman but a rather forgettable Bruce Wayne.

The emo hair and lemur-like eyes did him zero favors.

bruce wayne is in the film for like 5 minutes though

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TrevorBelmont9078 said:

Anyone bashing Robert Pattinson was his masterful portrayal of the character, shouldn't be allowed to speak on acting. If that is one-note, I'd really love to hear what these people think of Ryan Gosling in Drive (2011) and BR2049. There is more to acting than just screaming and being explosive.

...nobody's bashing him tho.

Cobbled-together thoughts after just seeing it. I'm going to ramble so feel free to ignore:

The two words I would use to describe this film are 'sumptuous' and 'exhausting'.

- Stating the obvious, but it looks incredible. I love the woozy camera and uncompromisingly dark palette. Burton's Gotham still has the edge for me, but this is the just-about-believable Gotham Nolan could/should have gone for. Well done Liverpool.

- Pattinson's a good Batman. I don't feel the need to rank him or anything but he does haunted stocism very well, his bat-voice doesn't make you flinch, and he looks great in the suit. I recognise the artistic choice to make his Bruce basically the same, but I hope they mix it up a bit next time.

- Loved the fight scenes. Fast and brutal, with some fallibility for good measure. Bullets bouncing off the suit is glorious. A shame the car chase centerpiece was only so-so.

- They decided to swap Selina's sassiness with earnestness and I found it really boring. Kravitz did her best but it's such a baffling decision on the part of the writers. I suspect I'm in the minority on this but I didn't think her and Pattinson had especially good chemistry. Her backstory was also done really awkwardly.

- But a much bigger problem is that the central mystery driving the plot is... not very interesting. I appreciate this wasn't another end-of-the world narrative but in a three-hour why-dunnit you really have to care about the 'why'. I'm neutral on Dano, from what little we saw of him he was exactly as I expected. I almost forgot he was in the movie at points.

- Because the central mystery wasn't interesting the plot in the second half became very 'and then this happens, and this happens, and then this happens'. I knew when we saw those damn twins answer the club door for a third time it was beyond the point of no return. A real shame becuase the beginning of the movie is incredible.

- Regarding that final scene in Arkham:

Spoiler

Hated it. Begins did that tease so much better. It was like the movie turned into a really hokey fan film for 30 seconds.

Overall I liked the movie and am interested to see what comes next. In some ways it made me appreciate previous Batman films more, but I think it's great WB took a chance on this and let a good director do his thing. Just don't make it three hours next time.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TrevorBelmont9078 said:

Anyone bashing Robert Pattinson was his masterful portrayal of the character, shouldn't be allowed to speak on acting. If that is one-note, I'd really love to hear what these people think of Ryan Gosling in Drive (2011) and BR2049. There is more to acting than just screaming and being explosive.

You spilled! He killed it.

On 3/16/2022 at 5:16 AM, Noctis said:

Looking back...Pattinson was a very good Batman but a rather forgettable Bruce Wayne.

The emo hair and lemur-like eyes did him zero favors.

On 3/16/2022 at 11:07 AM, AnDr3s said:

that was one of my many issues with the movie. I know it’s increasing en Vogue with DC Comics to act like Bruce Wayne doesn’t exist, there is only Batman; however, there are some key moments in this, particularly the Third act, where it would’ve been stronger to have Bruce show up instead of Batman. Won’t say more cause Of spoilers. 

as for R-Patz himself He basically played Bruce Wayne like an older version of Edward Cullen, and I was completely there for it.

https://deadline.com/2022/03/the-batman-500-million-global-box-offfice-warner-bros-1234981255/

Warner Bros/DC’s The Batman has winged its way past the half a billion dollar mark worldwide to become the fourth highest-grossing studio release of the pandemic era. The global total is $505.8M through Wednesday, and there’s still plenty of gas left in the Batmobile.

The split on the critically praised, Matt Reeves-directed pic is $258.3M domestic and $247.5M through yesterday at the international box office.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TrevorBelmont9078 said:

"Anyone who disagrees with me shouldn't be allowed to speak."

Pattinson was good, but not masterful. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 3:07 PM, AnDr3s said:

It's a bit of a pity, as I think they have the perfect actor to play the aloof, playboyih, slightly comedic public side of the Bruce Wayne persona. Hopefully it will be explored further in the sequels

Edited by Merkel