Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

trans and non-binary people are far more likely to be victimized and assaulted because of their gender identity than to behave violently because of it, but you wouldn't know that from the endless stream of bigotry and hatred being vomited out by folks who wish them harm.

anyone who sees ezra miller's gender identity as anything other than incidental to their behavior should seriously rethink their life choices. i'm nonbinary and i will gladly condemn ezra miller's behavior. disappointed i'm not seeing the same condemnation from certain folks when it comes to anti-trans policies and violence all across the country. 

• Like 13

Just now, WittyUsername said:

I know I’m not a mod, but I’m starting to think that maybe this thread should just remain closed, at least until a trailer drops, or news of Ezra Miller getting fired is revealed. The one thing we all seem to agree on is that there’s no defending Miller’s actions. 

i don't really think saying we should refer to someone by their proper gender is something we should entertain "both sides "on; i haven't been in this thread, but the idea we should close discussion on any film because of people choosing to be hateful towards nb people as a whole is something i don't really like (but i also haven't posted here so what do i really have to say about it lol)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Honestly, I’m both disappointed and surprised at the bigotry that just went down on here. Thought we were better this. I don’t think anyone here condones what Ezra did but attacking someone for their gender identity is really fucking despicable.

This site has always had it share of bigoted posts.

How much is real bigotry and how much is just  some immature people trying to be as shocking and edgy as possible

is anybody's guess. I also think some of them think posting this crap makes them some kind of anti establishment rebel.

But I think the mods should come down hard on bigotry,whether real or just trying to be outrageous. A thread ban for a first offense, suspension from the forum for a second, and total ban for the third.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

And what the hell does this have to do with Miller's throwing a chairn at somebody anyway?

Miller apparently commited a pretty serious crime..he is being charged with Felony Assault and whether his target was a man or a women is irrevelent.

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

54 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I know I’m not a mod, but I’m starting to think that maybe this thread should just remain closed, at least until a trailer drops, or news of Ezra Miller getting fired is revealed. The one thing we all seem to agree on is that there’s no defending Miller’s actions. 

Or until he is formally indicted......I think Miller has lots more to worry about then just losing his Flash gig..which seems a foregone conclusion at this point. Warners just cannot afford to star him in any more big budget films. Just too risky.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AniNate said:

They were able replace Kevin Spacey w/ Christopher Plummer at the last minute, don't see why they couldn't do something similar here

The problem Ezra is the lead and probably in pretty much every sense.  They are in pretty much every scene. It might be easy if Ezra is in their flash outfit most the movie so it might be easy to recast them since you could just reuse those scenes. 
but still recast them and getting everyone back would add huge additional cost.  I am sure WB is trying to think about what to do. 

15 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

do people care that much?

Ezra is apparently going through some deep shit that people should care about more, but they're not making it public.  If you're asking if "the general public" care, ask any major studio or investor if they prefer having their A-star behaving badly repeatedly (regardless of circumstances) on the cusp of their major investment being prepped for theatres.  Yes, people care, lots of people care, in lots of places...as they should.  

Edited by Macleod

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

Ezra is apparently going through some deep shit that people should care about more, but they're not making it public.  If you're asking if "the general public" care, ask any major studio or investor if they prefer having their A-star behaving badly repeatedly (regardless of circumstances) on the cusp of their major investment being prepped for theatres.  Yes, people care, lots of people care, in lots of places...as they should.  

i actually doubt the GA would know it unless ezra starts murdering people

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AnDr3s said:

i actually doubt the GA would know it unless ezra starts murdering people

Yeah, but you can't plan a multi-film franchise around someone this unpredictable. For all Warners know they might actually murder someone at this rate.