Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

Life is stranger than fiction.  I could definitely see that BOYS scenario play out in real time next spring.  But it's more likely that Miller does a few special interviews and keeps his press for the movie low-key "I just hope people enjoy the movie. A lot of people worked really hard on it." and leaves the main press for the Batmen and the director/producers.  Either way, great to see some movement forward in a positive manner.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3

I’ve seen some people on Twitter being really cynical about Miller’s statement, but honestly, that was portably the best thing that Miller or their representatives could have said at this point. It’s pretty clear that Miller does have some serious mental health issues. There’s always been something rather off about them, so seeking treatment might not be a bad idea.

Of course, there’s also Miller’s ongoing legal issues, but whatever happens there, hopefully it won’t hinder Miller’s ability to seek help. In any case, their time as the Flash is most likely finished. 

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve seen some people on Twitter being really cynical about Miller’s statement, but honestly, that was portably the best thing that Miller or their representatives could have said at this point. It’s pretty clear that Miller does have some serious mental health issues. There’s always been something rather off about them, so seeking treatment might not be a bad idea.

Of course, there’s also Miller’s ongoing legal issues, but whatever happens there, hopefully it won’t hinder Miller’s ability to seek help. In any case, their time as the Flash is most likely finished. 

Miller needs help, but even if goes into a rehab program, that will not get him off the hook for all the legal problems he has.

And I one of those cynics who thinks this might just be a PR move on Miller's part. 

I think people here still don't get how much legal trouble, both civil and crimnal, Miller is in. And you just don't say "I'M sorry" and not have to face consquences.

You also have to wonder what kind of rehab program Miler goes into; some of the ones pitched to the wealthy are pretty much luxury resorts with lectures, rather then a actual rehab program. RDJ has some interesting things to say about some of the phony "rehab" programs he was in before he finally goe the kind of "tough love": he needed.

15 hours ago, John Marston said:

The treatment he deserves in jail because us normal folks would not get the same leeway he has to this point

WHich is my problem; Miller should be treated no differnet then anybody else when it comes to his legal problems. I don't buy this "because he is an artist he needs special treament" CRAP.

7 hours ago, excel1 said:

Watch Ezra be much better this time next year and these issues ultimately just served bring wide awareness to the movie...

I have some ocean front property in Iowa you might be interested in.

15 hours ago, John Marston said:

The treatment he deserves in jail because us normal folks would not get the same leeway he has to this point

1000% agree.

There are issues at stake here more important than a movie, though some people here just refuse to see that.

35 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Has anyone ever said that? 

Not in so many words, but I get that vibe.

I still, think, no matter what happens, that the marketing of the Flash is going to minimize Miller as much as possible. The damage is already beyond normal PR damage control.

I'd bet the average person has no idea of the legal issues Ezra is going through. And if there's never a trial or they're never arrested officially, the public never will know. The fact that f*x news didn't hammer Ezra on the grooming allegation kinda tells me that as long as they rehab themselves, the movie will be fine and promotion will go on as normal.

2 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

I'd bet the average person has no idea of the legal issues Ezra is going through. And if there's never a trial or they're never arrested officially, the public never will know. The fact that f*x news didn't hammer Ezra on the grooming allegation kinda tells me that as long as they rehab themselves, the movie will be fine and promotion will go on as normal.

Ignoring reality and facts because you don;'t like them; that always works well.'

If you don;t think that the Miller situation will not have major consquences on how the film will be marketed and sold ,and DC does not have big problems on it;s hands with this is just ignoring realityl something, sad to say, many fanboys do a lot.

Edited by dudalb

13 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

this isn’t true. Loads of mainstream media outlets have printed articles about Miller. The fact that this  probably was t a film the GA was even that excited for in the first place adds to the pile on 

44 minutes ago, John Marston said:

this isn’t true. Loads of mainstream media outlets have printed articles about Miller. The fact that this  probably was t a film the GA was even that excited for in the first place adds to the pile on 

Anecdotally, people in my office know about it and they’re not even particularly big film watchers. It’s definitely gone beyond a bit of gossip on the internet. Whether they all remember a year from now though is another matter.

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

Ignoring reality and facts because you don;'t like them; that always works well.'

If you don;t think that the Miller situation will not have major consquences on how the film will be marketed and sold ,and DC does not have big problems on it;s hands with this is just ignoring realityl something, sad to say, many fanboys do a lot.

Nobody is ignoring reality. You need to chill my dude.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

My litmus test is just asking people I know if they've heard the stories. Literally all of them (who are not on twitter) have no clue.

• Like 1