Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

In total seriousness, they have made a helluva crowd pleaser of a film, marketing's been strong, release date is strong...I think we are we going to see a much better performance than some here expect on opening, and will see solid legs as well. 

It will be kind of amusing if the film is ultimately too popular to outright move on from, but not obviously successful to instantly green light another film. 

Just now, excel1 said:

In total seriousness, they have made a helluva crowd pleaser of a film, marketing's been strong, release date is strong...I think we are we going to see a much better performance than some here expect on opening, and will see solid legs as well. 

It will be kind of amusing if the film is ultimately too popular to outright move on from, but not obviously successful to instantly green light another film. 

Let's put actual numbers on the bold part. I'm thinking 175 DOM + 220 OS. 

Just got out. It's unusual for me to go opening night, but I was really hyped for this and I needed to get it out of my system. I had a blast with this one. I already can't wait to see it again with the family. I actually thought the third act was a different turn in a live action comic film. The CGI does get terrifying sometimes lol. People keep talking about the baby scene and a certain scene in the third act, but what really terrified me was Zod. There's a couple moments his face was full CGI and it didn't look like Shannon at all lol. That scared the hell out of me more than any other scene lol. 

I'm definitely going go see it again this weekend. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

The ceiling is like 70m OW and excellent legs for 250m total and like 550m worldwide if audience reception is actually that good. Don't think it will get that high though.

I can't see it having those kind of legs, though. I think 180 Million domestic.

I think 450 Million all in is the best realistic scenario. At least WB will get it's money back.

God, I just thought of a irony ;

In IT Part One..the movie that made Muschetti a A list director.., which is set in 1989, one of the movies playing in the town movie theater is the Michael Keaton "Batman",.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

China opens with 9.4 Maoyan score with 3000 votes.

If that maintains, that is A+ / high A level on par with Spiderverse and higher than Transformers and GOTG3 

Cruise is vindicated. he was right in the end  :ph34r:

Edited by Maggie
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

But will that transfer to "fannies in the seats"?

And the early audiences are filled with fans who are predisposed to like a film.

Odds are increasing that the films final reception will difficult to determine as the grosses will be unimpressive but the quantifiable audience feedback will be quite good. 

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

But will that transfer to "fannies in the seats"?

And the early audiences are filled with fans who are predisposed to like a film.

You referring to Maoyan score? Maoyan is the largest ticketing site in China and people will see the score of each film before purchasing tickets... So there is definitely impact.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

You referring to Maoyan score? Maoyan is the largest ticketing site in China and people will see the score of each film before purchasing tickets... So there is definitely impact.

Flash needs this type of narrative change. If the initial wave of PR is going to be that its opening is decidedly MEH, following up with audience grades that are good/great is a nice supply of fuel in their tanks.