Eric Atreides

Spencer | November 5, 2021 | NEON | Kristen Stewart is Princess Diana

https://deadline.com/2020/06/kristen-stewart-princess-diana-pablo-larrain-film-spencer-diana-rejects-fairy-tale-ending-1202961395/

EXCLUSIVE: Pablo Larraín is set to direct and Kristen Stewart to play Princess Diana in Spencer, a drama that shapes up to be a hot package for the virtual Cannes Market. The Steven Knight-scripted film covers a critical weekend in the early ‘90s, when Diana decided her marriage to Prince Charles wasn’t working, and that she needed to veer from a path that put her in line to one day be queen. The drama takes place over three days, in one of her final Christmas holidays in the House of Windsor in their Sandringham estate in Norfolk, England. Production is expected to begin in early 2021.

KStew as Diana?! I mean, never say never in life, but she seems all wrong for this. Not so much the appearance,  which can be altered with makeup (and stilts, I guess), but the charisma, the energy are really different with the two women. Was Elizabeth Debicki busy?

Here's hoping this will be better than the Naomi Watts version at least...

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

On 6/19/2020 at 12:34 PM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

KStew as Diana?! I mean, never say never in life, but she seems all wrong for this. Not so much the appearance,  which can be altered with makeup (and stilts, I guess), but the charisma, the energy are really different with the two women. Was Elizabeth Debicki busy?

Here's hoping this will be better than the Naomi Watts version at least...

Good call on Debicki. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

i dont think anyone will pay to see this when you can watch the crown for 'free' and it has actually good actors attached

The Crown has Winston Churchill as a character with John Lithgow winning TV awards, and Darkest Hour still made $150 million worldwide with Gary Oldman getting Best Actor. The Naomi Watts movie flopped but that may be less Diana fatigue than people staying away from a bad movie.

I don't know how mainstream Spencer will be and the older audience might still stay home. Making more than Jackie would be a victory of sorts.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Amorphous said:

Very excited to see this at the Venice International Film Festival next week.

May I ask what movies you plan to see? If you are seeing Dune, please PM me when you see it. I'm a huge fan of the book and read the script for the movie so my expectations are throw the roof. 

Best poster not just of the year but in a long long time.

Now we need some floating heads for GA:lol:

3 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

oscars have lost any kind of prestige when kstew and gaga are the frontrunners. WTF.

Stewart won the Cesar for Best Actress in France a few years, back, the first and only American woman ever to win their Oscar equivalent.  She's taken seriously lots of other places in the world...I won't presume to know where you're from, but I'll just say that certain Americans for some reason "just can't get over her" in terms of Twilight...when she's done a lot of wonderful work since.  

This could be her golden moment finally in the U.S.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Stewart won the Cesar for Best Actress in France a few years, back, the first and only American woman ever to win their Oscar equivalent.  She's taken seriously lots of other places in the world...I won't presume to know where you're from, but I'll just say that certain Americans for some reason "just can't get over her" in terms of Twilight...when she's done a lot of wonderful work since.  

This could be her golden moment finally in the U.S.  

i've seen personal shopper, charlie's angels, speak... she simply cant act