Eric Loves Rey

Disney+ MCU: Ms. Marvel | June 8 2022 | Directors include Adil El Arbi, Bilall Fallah, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Meera Menon

8 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I am hoping the finale generally delivers and I can give this show a 7/10 even with parts of the last two episodes that I really disliked. Would still be disappointing after how much I enjoyed the first two, but at least wouldn't be worse than the other shows. 

Same, but “I hope the finale delivers and salvages the issues with the last 2-3 eps after a strong start” is like 90% of shows and usually doesn’t work out so hot 🤞

I thought the last episode was good. This and the first two episodes were the best, the third episode was ok, with the 4th and 5th feeling like episodes from a different, blander show.

Spoiler

Anyway, I guess Kamala is the main universes' first mutant?

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

This is the best thing that marvel has ever done, it’s like almost not even close. I cried multiple times. I am so in love with the Khans. 

Spoiler

ALSO THEY SAID THE THING 

OMG I GASPED  I STILL WAS ON THE INHUMANS TRACK  THAT SWERVED ME

AND THEN THEY DID THE CAROL AND KAMALA SWAP 

WHERE IS THE MARVELS  I NEED IT NOW KEVIN

It’s wild. This feeling that I’m feeling. It’s excitement. I haven’t been excited about a movie or a TV show that I’ve watched in like three years. This is nice. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

I binged everything today. Pure mediocrity after episode 3. 

If Kamala ends part of the X Men, Feige proved everyone wrong on the "mutants can't possibly be more mishandled by Feige than Fox". 

I don't mind if they make her a mutant on Young Avengers. Or Champions. Or make Inhumans a Mutants sub-species. 

But if they make Kamala a X Men? Dear Feige. You will bring hell onto social media and Fandom. That's not X Men. And the thought of it pisses me off. If Feige really tries to modernize the X Men or make It the MCU X Men, he will hurt X Men fans in a way they never he could. It just doesn't make any sense. 

I hope Feige still remembers the minimal foundations of Marvel Comics. 

One thing that really stood out to me were the fight sequences. In the most negative way possible. 

I found myself moving over the fight sequences because I just could not look at them. So bad. 

I am excited for Ms Marvel future tho. Great character. 

Edited by p a p i

I guess I'm a Feige ho now 🤡

Spoiler

Like ya'll don't even know HOW big of an FU he just gave Perlmutter, Quesada and co. and their whole anti-mutant bullshit in the late 2000's to 2010's by having/letting the MCU confirm that Kamala is a mutant 😭 Undiluted KING SHIT

Also if Kamala's story is a taste of the X-Men themes to be explored in the MCU, then the world doesn't know what it's in for

House of X #001 - Quote Nº1 - Album on Imgur

Edited by Spidey Freak

Greatly enjoyed the finale, the joy and energy of the first two (and part of the third episode) came roaring back. Kinda saved the show for me, even with two episodes (4 and 5) that I would count among my least favorite of any of the recent MCU D+ shows, this ended up being my second-favorite of the bunch, only behind Moon Knight. 

The story didn’t really recover here for me but at least some of the early charm and visual flourish returned. These have often had really poor scripts, pacing, and villains+solid main characters — which all things considered is probably better than good scripts, villains, pacing and really poor main characters so… that’s something, I guess.

13 hours ago, p a p i said:

Dear Feige. You will bring hell onto social media and Fandom. That's not X Men. And the thought of it pisses me off. If Feige really tries to modernize the X Men or make It the MCU X Men, he will hurt X Men fans in a way they never he could. It just doesn't make any sense. 

I hope Feige still remembers the minimal foundations of Marvel Comics. 

I tried to re-read this a few times and I'm still trying to figure out why what they did is that big of a deal to you. As somebody who first started reading X-Men comics in the 1980s...this wouldn't even crack the Top 20 worst things to happen to the X-Men (across all media.) I mean dear lord X-Men fans can explain in gory detail what happened to the X-Men comics when Ike Perlmutter treated them at the (failed) expense of the Inhumans. It was a spectacular tryhard failure, all just to spite Fox.  

In terms of MCU booking, I kinda figured it would happen out of convenience. 

Also "modernize"? Hate to go gatekeeping bro here but the Claremont/Byrne X-Men were different form Lee/Ditko's X-Men from decades before. That property evolves and flows based off the times/trends/whatever. Robert Pattinson's Batman isn't quite the same Batman that my parents had in Adam West. 

Of course I'm also old enough to remember Batman TAS when it aired and how Harley Quinn was introduced, now you can't apparently have the Batman "mythos" without her somehow. Same when Captain America brought back Bucky from the grave, I thought "oh jeez, really?" and rolled my eyes. Now Winter Soldier is an essential element to Cap. As a lifelong Star Trek fan, Captain Pike was just a dude in a (goofy beeping) wheelchair that's a relic from a failed pilot episode. Now he's starring in a pretty good Trek show that just had arguably the strongest 1st season for a Trek program since TOS. Pop culture mythologies change. Remembering such things helps one keep a reality check on such canon changes, think of the big picture. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I watched this show weekly because I enjoyed it with a dynamite lead* with some great characters I like being around them. I mean who doesn't love Kamala's dad? (Seriously who didn't crack up at his "what are you implying?" line reading in the finale?) I guess that's one reason why episodes 4 and 5 didn't seem to bug me as much as it did others because it was about fleshing out Kamala and her coming of age/finding her identity arc, learning that gee she's not a freak and connect with the women in her family etc. (Which weirdly people bashing those episodes claim is why they liked the first few episodes but w/e,) Put it this way, I was moved by the realized arc with Kamala and her mom, that moved me. Even that last scene with her dad and completing her new superhero identity? Feelz, baby. Probably the most satisfying superhero origin story (in terms of person getting powers/costume/that ritualism) since Shazam! 

This is a good show. The villains were whatever and I can mention other nitpicks but I don't want to go into spoilers openly (let's just say a minor character's would-be heartfelt turn didn't feel earned.) It could've been better, but that's not ranting on and on about The Batman needlessly being 3 hours long and Riddler was some tryhard sillyness. Yeah I think all that, but I would still say TB was pretty good. Like older I get, the more I want to focus on positivity of cinema and not the "ah jeez this..." stuff. 

(Loki is still king of these MCU shows, but I think this finale ties Hawkeye's for the best ending episode FWIW. Definitely a step up from Moon Knight overall.)

What pisses me off though is how seemingly many Marvel fans and casuals seemingly only caring about this show now (finale trended on Twitter for most of Wednesday) only because of some Easter Eggs. I ranted in the Thor 4 thread about how Marvelites have seemingly adopted an attitude that unless you connect to other stuff or set them up, it doesn't matter. As a Marvel fan, I can say this: They can piss off. They're going to the Chinese restaurant for the fortune cookies. Talk about fans being trained too well by producers about what the expect. 

Though that said, I did laugh because remember that one person in the forums claiming the alleged viewership numbers proved nobody cares about The Marvels? 

Spoiler

Yet that Carol cameo (more amusing in how it was handled than what I was expecting) in this damn episode trended. Not that trending means anything in itself but I just found that interesting. Anyway I like the set-up leading into the movie, where I assume poor Kamala was sent halfway across the galaxy and Carol is having to leave the house and awkwardly meet the Khan clan (I'm reminded of Back to the Future Part 2 when Marty McFly sneaks into his house in that AU 1985, only to find a whole other family living there and he almost gets killed.) Except more comedic of course because Marvel and she'll have to find her and this is how they cross paths.

*=The best MCU lead casting since RDJ. Yes, you read that right. 

5 hours ago, RRA said:

I tried to re-read this a few times and I'm still trying to figure out why what they did is that big of a deal to you. As somebody who first started reading X-Men comics in the 1980s...this wouldn't even crack the Top 20 worst things to happen to the X-Men (across all media.) I mean dear lord X-Men fans can explain in gory detail what happened to the X-Men comics when Ike Perlmutter treated them at the (failed) expense of the Inhumans. It was a spectacular tryhard failure, all just to spite Fox.  

In terms of MCU booking, I kinda figured it would happen out of convenience. 

Also "modernize"? Hate to go gatekeeping bro here but the Claremont/Byrne X-Men were different form Lee/Ditko's X-Men from decades before. That property evolves and flows based off the times/trends/whatever. Robert Pattinson's Batman isn't quite the same Batman that my parents had in Adam West. 

Of course I'm also old enough to remember Batman TAS when it aired and how Harley Quinn was introduced, now you can't apparently have the Batman "mythos" without her somehow. Same when Captain America brought back Bucky from the grave, I thought "oh jeez, really?" and rolled my eyes. Now Winter Soldier is an essential element to Cap. As a lifelong Star Trek fan, Captain Pike was just a dude in a (goofy beeping) wheelchair that's a relic from a failed pilot episode. Now he's starring in a pretty good Trek show that just had arguably the strongest 1st season for a Trek program since TOS. Pop culture mythologies change. Remembering such things helps one keep a reality check on such canon changes, think of the big picture. 

Ms Marvel as a X Men would be awful. 

I don't care if she's a Mutant. Don't mind. 

On the MSS subreddit, it seems like the Inhumans are still going to come into play. Maybe Inhumans will be a Mutants sub-species. Or just a Mutants team. 

I still think the Royal Family will happen. 

X Men team is just way to iconic. No way they make such deviation that will just disappoint fans waiting for these characters. 

2 hours ago, p a p i said:

Ms Marvel as a X Men would be awful. 

I don't care if she's a Mutant. Don't mind. 

On the MSS subreddit, it seems like the Inhumans are still going to come into play. Maybe Inhumans will be a Mutants sub-species. Or just a Mutants team. 

I still think the Royal Family will happen. 

X Men team is just way to iconic. No way they make such deviation that will just disappoint fans waiting for these characters. 

Ms. Marvel will be in 1st MCU Mutants movie. Deal with it.

1 hour ago, Factcheck said:

Ms. Marvel will be in 1st MCU Mutants movie. Deal with it.

I don't care if she's a Mutant.

I was talking about X Men specifically. 

But it was just a freak out. I just have total confidence now it won't happen. Whatever this mutation means, it will be seen in The Marvels. 

And that's all I'm gonna say. My worries are now non existent. Because I know she won't be a X Men. 

And just like I thought, Inhumans will still come in play. 

2 minutes ago, p a p i said:

I don't care if she's a Mutant.

I was talking about X Men specifically. 

But it was just a freak out. I just have total confidence now it won't happen. Whatever this mutation means, it will be seen in The Marvels. 

And that's all I'm gonna say. My worries are now non existent. Because I know she won't be a X Men. 

And just like I thought, Inhumans will still come in play. 

X-Men is a team of mutants so any mutant could be in X-Men team.