Eric Duncan

Disney+ MCU: Ms. Marvel | June 8 2022 | Directors include Adil El Arbi, Bilall Fallah, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Meera Menon

Just now, Factcheck said:

X-Men is a team of mutants so any mutant could be in X-Men team.

Not really. If someone reads comics, the line-up varies a lot. But it's always a certain group of characters. If Kevin doesn't go with the original lineup, he will go with something pretty close. It's just WAY to iconic. The last thing he needs after Phase 4, is to cause even more disappointment. 

And Ms Marvel has NEVER been an X Men. And she won't. It was only a spontaneous freak out from my part. My had. 

26 minutes ago, p a p i said:

Not really. If someone reads comics, the line-up varies a lot. But it's always a certain group of characters. If Kevin doesn't go with the original lineup, he will go with something pretty close. It's just WAY to iconic. The last thing he needs after Phase 4, is to cause even more disappointment. 

And Ms Marvel has NEVER been an X Men. And she won't. It was only a spontaneous freak out from my part. My had. 

When IGN asked Feige why he used word Mutants at SDCC instead of X-Men, he replied Mutants & X-Men are interchangeable, I just said mutants. He further said 'Whatever we do will be quite different than what’s been done before'. Mutants=X-Men. Any mutant can be a member of X-Men team.

1 hour ago, Factcheck said:

When IGN asked Feige why he used word Mutants at SDCC instead of X-Men, he replied Mutants & X-Men are interchangeable, I just said mutants. He further said 'Whatever we do will be quite different than what’s been done before'. Mutants=X-Men. Any mutant can be a member of X-Men team.

They are interchangeable because X Men is literally a team of mutants. It's a name of a team basically. Like X-Force, Hellions, New Mutants. 

What you don't get is just because one is a mutant doesn't mean it will be part of the X Men. Specially one without any history of being one. Just because one is a mutant, it doesn't even mean it's going to be apart of a Mutant team. 

Also, we only know she has a Mutation. It could be X Gene or Inhuman gene. And Kamala will next be on the The Marvels. Which will be Kree heavy. Which is the lead way for Inhumans. Inhumans are basically Mutants but with a different gene. But they may be working on making more of them.

Kamala is a Young Avenger or Champions player. Not a X Men one. 

X Men is characters like Professor X, Icemen, Storm, Jean Grey, Beast, Cyclops, Rogue, Magneto, Angel, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Gambit, Polaris, Vulcan, Cable, Multiple Man, even Magik. Mostly. There have been a ton other characters in the X Men. But these are the most iconic. And a opportunity I don't see Feige wasting to put Kamala. Something just unseen and that would just cause unnecessary backlash directly from the fans waiting for years for a good X Men adaptation. More comics accurate. It's just not the nature of her character. And the MCU version of her even less. 

Kamala just smells Young Avengers from miles away. 100k miles. You could even smell it from Mars with some luck. 

5 minutes ago, p a p i said:

They are interchangeable because X Men is literally a team of mutants. It's a name of a team basically. Like X-Force, Hellions, New Mutants. 

What you don't get is just because one is a mutant doesn't mean it will be part of the X Men. Specially one without any history of being one. Just because one is a mutant, it doesn't even mean it's going to be apart of a Mutant team. 

Also, we only know she has a Mutation. It could be X Gene or Inhuman gene. And Kamala will next be on the The Marvels. Which will be Kree heavy. Which is the lead way for Inhumans. Inhumans are basically Mutants but with a different gene. But they may be working on making more of them.

Kamala is a Young Avenger or Champions player. Not a X Men one. 

X Men is characters like Professor X, Icemen, Storm, Jean Grey, Beast, Cyclops, Rogue, Magneto, Angel, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Gambit, Polaris, Vulcan, Cable, Multiple Man, even Magik. Mostly. There have been a ton other characters in the X Men. But these are the most iconic. And a opportunity I don't see Feige wasting to put Kamala. Something just unseen and that would just cause unnecessary backlash directly from the fans waiting for years for a good X Men adaptation. More comics accurate. It's just not the nature of her character. And the MCU version of her even less. 

Kamala just smells Young Avengers from miles away. 100k miles. You could even smell it from Mars with some luck.

Few so called fans like you won't decide who will be in MCU mutants/X-Men movie, it's marvel's content & they will decide roster. Just like they didn't ask you before making her mutant they won't ask you before putting her in X-Men movie. You like it take it don't like leave it, no one will force you & those so called comic accurate X-Men fans to watch their content.

8 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Few so called fans like you won't decide who will be in MCU mutants/X-Men movie, it's marvel's content & they will decide roster. Just like they didn't ask you before making her mutant they won't ask you before putting her in X-Men movie. You like it take it don't like leave it, no one will force you & those so called comic accurate X-Men fans to watch their content.

The thing is Feige is also a fan. 

And her being a Mutant is not problem. Inhumans are basically Mutants with a different gene. It's a almost whatever change. The Marvels will tell the real tale. 

And few? If you can find one in a box office forum, just imagine how many are there. And I bet I'm not the only one in this forum alone. 

I'm saying it's just unnecessary. And you will be eating your own words in The Marvels already. Get ready ma boy. 

But whatever. Kevin Feige knows what he's doing. He reads comics. He has the knowledge. 

Edited by p a p i

Kamala Khan co-creator Sana Amanat revealed she always wanted the character to be a mutant, which makes a lot of sense in that nobody would want their character to be an Inhuman

Too bad she probably got vetoed thanks to Petty Perlmutter and his Creative Committee comic counterparts trying to make their fetch franchise happen to get back at Fox.

Feige to the rescue again.

Great lead character and performance, charming early episodes, but yeah starting with episode 4 this... sucked for me.

I just zoned out. I didn't care about anything except Kamala.

I LOVED the post-credit scene however. 

So yeah, the writing was kinda crap. Loved the style and colors and performances, but the script... oh boy. The villains gave me Falcon and the Winter Soldier bad villains flashback (I think the Flag Smashers are the worst villains in the whole MCU. Yes even worse than Red Skull and Malekith, at least they were threatening) but the Clandestines are some of the worst as well. Unengaging, not threatening, annoying, no screen presence, bad dialogue, unsatisfying resolution, boring background... Flag smashers all over again.

Put Kamala in the hands of better writers please. She's lovely I love her

• Like 3

On 7/22/2022 at 3:40 PM, Daxtreme said:

Great lead character and performance, charming early episodes, but yeah starting with episode 4 this... sucked for me.

So yeah, the writing was kinda crap. Loved the style and colors and performances, but the script... oh boy. The villains gave me Falcon and the Winter Soldier bad villains flashback (I think the Flag Smashers are the worst villains in the whole MCU. Yes even worse than Red Skull and Malekith, at least they were threatening) but the Clandestines are some of the worst as well. Unengaging, not threatening, annoying, no screen presence, bad dialogue, unsatisfying resolution, boring background... Flag smashers all over again.

Just finished this and completely concur. I loved the first couple of episodes, it felt different and unique, but then it took a massive nosedive. The villains were completely forgettable (not Flag Smasher bad though…they’ll take some beating…).

Iman Vellani (and her family) was undeniably great though, looking forward to seeing her in The Marvels.

• Like 1

So according to Flix Patrol which collates and reports on streaming numbers, Ms. Marvel has actually passed Obi-Wan in total viewership and shown stronger longevity despite having a slower start. 

With She-Hulk which didn't have to compete with a SW show reported to have the same number of households tuning in as Hawkeye, it's safe to say that Obi-Wan was the main problem for Ms. Marvel's initial views. 

Source: https://flixpatrol.com/top10/disney/world/2022/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

So according to Flix Patrol which collates and reports on streaming numbers, Ms. Marvel has actually passed Obi-Wan in total viewership and shown stronger longevity despite having a slower start. 

With She-Hulk which didn't have to compete with a SW show reported to have the same number of households tuning in as Hawkeye, it's safe to say that Obi-Wan was the main problem for Ms. Marvel's initial views. 

Source: https://flixpatrol.com/top10/disney/world/2022/

Either this is wrong or people are not rating Ms Marvel on IMDb

I ifnally binge watched this on Disney + over all liked it.

I think it made a mistake is basically defeating the main villians in the next to last episode and having to hurried subsitute the DODC as the heavies for the final episode.

It has some surprises, like when Episode 5 became a historical drama about the 1947 India/Pakisant partition.

Over all I liked it.

On 7/22/2022 at 7:40 AM, Daxtreme said:

Yeah the VIllians were the weakest part of the show.

Frankly, the whole "We are going to open up a gate to go home even it meand wrecking the whole world": plot was swiped directly from Buffy the Vampire Season Five. Except Glory was a much better villian then the ones here.

On 10/25/2022 at 5:57 PM, dudalb said:

Yeah the VIllians were the weakest part of the show.

Frankly, the whole "We are going to open up a gate to go home even it meand wrecking the whole world": plot was swiped directly from Buffy the Vampire Season Five. Except Glory was a much better villian then the ones here.

All hail the splendid one.

tumblr_inline_pa189kJJ4B1spgkyd_250.gifv

that’s the problem with MCU. So many of the villains are just generic. It’s ok to have a fun scenery chewing villain. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiIfXgBeFUKJcXzZXKLt7

Edited by eddyxx