Eric the Fall Guy

Disney+ MCU: Ms. Marvel | June 8 2022 | Directors include Adil El Arbi, Bilall Fallah, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Meera Menon

Damn another great episode, I’m just loving Kamala and her family and friends. (We stan Aisha and it was hilarious of Bruno being jealous over King Kamran.) i also dig the ethnicity of Kamala and her family doesn’t take a back seat like I easily thought it would have. I really hope Damage Control gets like nothing aside from the occasional confrontation but we don’t need another boring ass SWORD taking away from the good shit. Bisha and the Bad Boys Boys are killing it so far.

I was uncertain the MCU could do teenage heroes after the first two Holland’s Spider-Man movies were either mid or trash but it turns out you just need someone, anyone other than Watts lol. Not only does this have to potential to be the first good MCU show as it is easily the best first two episodes of the bunch but could top Shang-Chi as the best phase 4 media.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Another enjoyable episode and prominently delves into her heritage and background which is nice change of pace but... I still think her powers are so kooky on screen (not that stretchy powers visually translate better) and some of the editing was off due to the fast pace. Shooting laser beams like Captain Marvel or creating CGI platforms like Green Lantern? Meh. At least with stretchy powers, it played with the notion of teenagers and their appearances--even more interesting given Kamala. I could also see the church subplot falter. And once again, another MCU show where the MCU aspects are the least compelling (like Wanadavision)

• Like 2

The fact this is Iman's first acting gig makes it even more impressive. What a bursting ball of charismatic energy. Can't wait to see her in The Marvels. 

Honestly first two episodes, this is smoking Kenobi so far. Was looking forward to the show (if mostly because of how great that original comics run was) but didn't expect this to happen.

• Like 5

Damn . Another great episode. Kamala can really act ,her reactions and the way  she emotes is so good and apparently this is her first stint and wow she is killing it.

They delved more into her heritage and culture which I really liked and excited for more.

The whole storyline with the mosque and the politics around it was the weakest part of the episode for me.

Her powers are just to weird and the training montages kept knocking me out for a few seconds there.

Best thing on D+ so far by a fucking mile.

Love the Scott Pilgrim influence here. First two episodes are really good, better than any other Marvel show at the same point so far. Vellani is amazing, yet another Sarah Finn casting grand slam. Rest of the cast is good, too, especially the dad.

We are finally entering a more confident phase of Marvel where they are growing more comfortable moving away from the superheroics and deep diving into what makes their characters truly tick.

That moment in class when Nakia said 6 weeks spent on Ancient Greece and Rome but a mere 6 minutes on Ancient Persia and the Byzantium. Dayuuuum. I love how Bisha K. Ali is not wasting one miniscule second of this show.

• Like 1

Show is cool and find the character interesting and as someone south asian its cool to see characters in the mainstream

As seen in most Disney plus shows the action is rather blah but this show makes up with interesting characters.,

Edited by Torontofan

3 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

https://twitter.com/samba_tv/status/1537849958975643650

5 days viewership not even 50% of Moon Knight. When people don't take Captain Marvel seriously why would they take Ms. Marvel seriously? Without proper establishing Carol Danvers in MCU releasing this show was a mistake IMO.

Why did you omit this part of tweet?

it was a hit with #GenZ. Viewers age 20-24 watched at the highest rate of any MCU show, and it drew a more diverse audience with Black, Hispanic and Asian households watching at a higher rate.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Why did you omit this part of tweet?

it was a hit with #GenZ. Viewers age 20-24 watched at the highest rate of any MCU show, and it drew a more diverse audience with Black, Hispanic and Asian households watching at a higher rate

Total views matter more than this, this is the best mcu show imo & it deserved at least 1.5M views if not 1.8M like Moon Knight. This is also bad news for the The Marvels as this indicate low interest in Captain Marvel too.

I think it's good we're getting new characters in Disney +. I think last year they should have had a mix of old and new rather than just giving all B-listers their own show, Wanda, Falcon, Loki, Hawkeye. This year, I think every or almost every show is going to be a new character. 

1 hour ago, RRA said:

That same chart used says MK opened better than Hawkeye, yet Nielsen said MK did half of HK. Let's keep that in mind. 

No, it didn't. Nielsen data shows MK and Hawkeye did very comparable views. You can check the Streaming Tracking thread and see for yourself. Anyway I think this is likely correct, Ms Marvel is a pretty low-stakes show and the trailer views weren't super high either. I suspect She-Hulk will see the same thing as it seems to be even lower on action/stakes, though presence of Banner may bump that a bit. 

All of that doesn't matter too much for me, though. Neither Ant-Man movie lit the world on fire in BO, but I love them both and they were well-received and likely did help the overall franchise. 

• Like 1