Eric Duncan

Disney+ MCU: What If? | Season 2 launches early 2023

13 minutes ago, Cap said:

I love Marvel’s DEEP COMMITMENT TO GIVING ME EXACT WHAT I WANT 😭😭😭

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Whatever. Individual stories were fun. Zombies was great. Didn't like last two episodes much. 

Something Duality something BOT...

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Something Duality something BOT...

HATERS TO THE LEFT OKAY. MARVEL JUST SAID HEY, YOUR QUEER HEADCANONS ABOUT SAM AND STEVE AND PEGGY AND NAT. WE GOT YOU GIRL. HERE, HAVE INSPIRATION. GO WRITE MORE OF THEM. 

The episode was good too. But like them hitting all of my kinks was FIIIIIIIIRE

• Like 1

Had some pros and cons. Overall I feel this continues the trend of mcu shows not quite being able to seal the deal with finales. Probably just going to miss my mcu top 10, despite potential to be top 3 based on the top eps.

• Like 3

Was a decent conclusion to a fun albeit uneven series

Spoiler

This episode make me glad that the Infinity Stones are gone in the main MCU timeline as there should be some limits as to what these characters can do

Would be cool if this somehow ties into Dr Strange Multiverse of Madness 

Despite being a longish episode for the series didn't get enough character interactions between the heroes

For S2 would love if we had stories spread across two episodes

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

So I guess they cut/punted an episode, cause one of the people today was brand new.

From reading a couple of comments on TV Tropes, looks like the 'rona fucked with production of an episode as they claim it will be part of S2.

As always, take user edited wikis with the reliability they deserve. 

Not really a fan of most of the episodes especially the Finale. Ultron was so OP in ep 8 so the finale was disappointing. The best episodes was the Fury detective one for me.

Is it just me or is Cap Carter too similar to Steve? I just don't find her character interesting b/c her story beats and character relationships are the same as Steve's. 

Yeah, it was a solid finale but Avengers films are awesome due to the character interactions, and they didn't really have that much here. The first half was a lot better than the second. Solid start, probably my favorite of the D+ shows so far, but Shang-Chi is still far and away my favorite phase 4 release so far. This probably beats BW for second. 

For me:

SC solidly upper crust MCU

Whatif slightly below middle

BW/FWS/WV low middle

Loki low

My main concern is not really SC being better than the rest as the relative rankings are not that significant, but the fact that it's the only above average one so far. Bring on Eternals, I will be very disappointed if it's not at least on par with SC.

Hopefully Whatif season 2 improves as well, I think there is scope to do so. More of the stories need to have complete arcs like the Dr. Strange episode, and if they're keeping the 30-minute format then I would ditch the Avengers crossovers completely, there's not enough time to make it work properly. But I think the episodes should be permitted to extend to an hour if the story requires it. 4 was a great episode showing the potential of the series, if the rest had that impact, this would be top 5 easily. 

200.gif

overall the Disney+ shows have been average (middle of the road) mcu stuff, this is probably at the very bottom of the mcu list for me and WV is down there also. 

I haven’t had a chance to see SC yet but I’m seeing it this weekend and I’m pretty sure I’ll like it more then the shows. Looking forward to eternals as well. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Menor said:

and they didn't really have that much here. 

Spoiler

Did you not see Nat and Peggy being GIRLFRIENDS for 30 Minutes??!?!?!?!!?

Pop Tv Reaction GIF by Schitt's Creek

Also,

I doubt the length will increase unless they decide to do like five 1-hour episodes, instead of ten 30-minute episodes. To do like ten 40-50 minute episodes would be **outrageously** expensive.  

And to Anon,

I also find the notion that Steve and Peggy are too similar outrageous. That! Is! The! Point!  They are soulmates!  They are THE SAME!  And they have proven that over and over again.  In The First Avenger, even before Steve was a hunk, the movies goes out of their way to show them bonding over shared life experiences.  They were the only two people to run TOWARD the grenade Phillips toss.  They both talked about having "doors slammed in their faces" in the car ride to the Experiment.  

So why Captain Carter's episode really works, and why it's so awesome is proves that Peggy's just as amazing as Steve, and the story really wouldn't have been that different.  #TrueFeminism

And cause we have to,

Shang Chi and The Legend of the Five Rings

What If

Loki

Falcon and The Winter Soldier

Loved "What If..." and how it finished. I only hope that the Endgame level event of this saga (whenever it comes) can live up to the level of grandeur we saw today. 

As for my gratuitous rating of 2021 MCU content to date...

1. Shang Chi 
2. What If...?
3. WandaVision
4. Loki 
5. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 
6. Black Widow 

1 hour ago, Cap said:

That was the best part of the episode, wanted more of that. 

On the length point, I don't think anywhere close to all the episodes need to be longer. In fact the first four episodes were just fine at their length. 5, 6, and 9 were the ones that seemed like they needed more. 

• Like 1