YM!

Lightyear | 6/17/22 | Disney/Pixar | PUPPY INTERVIEW FRIDAY SO NO REASON TO SEE MOVIE NOW. FLOP INCOMING

2 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Very surprised by the reviews on RT so far, since literally every reaction I saw on twitter after the premiere was not only positive, but glowingly so.

Not glowingly so was the warning. If it’s not that, than likely mixed reception. The reaction are filled with fans who are like 90% likely to be positive.

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

rottentomatoes suddenly went to 88% with 40 reviews but that might be a glitch because the reviews themselves aren't there yet.

Nah, whenever there's a big flood of new reviews, these type of thing happens with Rotten Tomatoes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Seriously though there’s now a very real chance Lightyear does sub 200m, the second that happens Pixar and WDAS are staying straight to the plus. 

Why would a literal second of a gay kiss effect the box office more than the plot sucking?

That would be a complete stupid reaction for Disney.

Edited by Cappoedameron

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

87% with 46 reviews 

Yeah, i see no reason to expect a rotten. Like i said, probably 70ish final at worst.

Damn, clutch save right there. Crisis momentarily averted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Why would a literal second of a gay kiss effect the box office more than the plot sucking?

That would be a complete stupid reaction for Disney.

That’s literally not what I said at all. The hell are you getting that from?

1 minute ago, Cappoedameron said:

I thought "straight to the plus" implied that the gay kiss would effect the box office.

Straight to the plus means straight to Disney Plus. The only people who are worried about the gay kiss are homophobes.

11 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

87% with 46 reviews 

Yeah, i see no reason to expect a rotten. Like i said, probably 70ish final at worst.

Oh the 46 reviews so far posted, many are quite positive with a few perfect scores. Seems to fit well in Pixar’s storytelling. I suspect it should stay close to 80% as new reviews are added. 46 is a good sample size, no reason to believe it will deviate too drastically from here. 

• Like 1

Kinda crazy how broken RT is. 

The Metacritic is 59. 2 negative reviews, 13 mixed, 13 positive... that's mixed reception.

The RT average is 6.80.

Yet somehow the RT score is 81% just because the aggregate? 

So silly. And not at all reflective of the actual reviews. Yet some people will just see the 80% and assume it's solid instead of mixed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, efialtes76 said:

87% with 60 at Metacritic?

No way!

It's not entire out of the question. Onward has 88% with a 61 on Metacritic. Not that Lightyear is gonna end up at the same spot, but it's sorta been done before.

• Like 2