cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

3 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

I know the bar is in hell but I do hope this does outgross Shazam & Flash, even if it opens below the later. Well, this one should avoid a sub x2 multi.

That would be a win especially since this had a way lower budget.

are beetles that well known? 

is the color blue popular with all demographics?

i feel like the name itself is a bit of a flop, and the name is how many people go watch a movie 

a name should grip you like iron man, captain america etc.

I think that if you ask everyone on the street , everyone knows bats, everyone knows spiders

my grandmother is a widow so black widow directly targeted that demographic with the name itself 

what demographic is a blue beetle even targeting you know? 

there is no universality to the name, studios have to think about these things 

my friends, not everyone can  have a brilliant name like avatar, but doesn't mean we shouldn't try right?

• Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1

23 minutes ago, handofjustice said:

i feel like the name itself is a bit of a flop, and the name is how many people go watch a movie 

I think that if you ask everyone on the street , everyone knows bats, everyone knows spiders

my grandmother is a widow so black widow directly targeted that demographic with the name itself 

my friends, not everyone can  have a brilliant name like avatar, but doesn't mean we shouldn't try right?

Before its release, I'm sure there were jokes about Iron Man ironing that were a dime a dozen, because the GP didn't know who he was. Blue Beetle isn't any stupider of a name than Aquaman, just the latter was more well known.

1 hour ago, handofjustice said:

troll trolling GIF

15 hours ago, Morieris said:

Before its release, I'm sure there were jokes about Iron Man ironing that were a dime a dozen, because the GP didn't know who he was. Blue Beetle isn't any stupider of a name than Aquaman, just the latter was more well known.

Iron Man looked good in trailers & posters, this one looks goofy, like a character taken out directly from a power rangers movie.

• Astonished 1

26 minutes ago, TMP said:

It’s fake

Fans are marketing Blue Beetle themselves because WB can’t! At this point I expect Blue Beetle to flop because they spent all the marketing money on a bomb like The Flash. WB is dead as studio honestly, they’ve had more misses than hits over the past 5 years! Time for someone to come along and put them out of their misery.

I will see BB because he’s my favorite DC character but I expect a flop sadly…