cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

26 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

2019's Hellboy grossed 99M WW so I assume Blue Beetle should at least cross 100M even by a small margin. It would be utterly embarassing if it falls behind Hellboy

That was the 2004 Hellboy which grossed $99 million WW. The 2019 one grossed just $55 million WW.

I have no idea about how good the movie is, but am not opitmistic about it chances.

I don't buy the "Latino Audience will save it" argument. it is amazing how often when Hollywood makes a movie aimed on a specific audience, it misses.

• Like 1

I think both trailers are downright bad.

They look extremely generic. It just looks like a patchwork of 10 other films and gives me heavy Shazam 2 vibes.

When this was first announced I thought it had real potential to tap into the Latino market but this marketing absolutely stinks. 

I'm going with under 200M WW finish.

• Like 2

The back bug-legs look really creepy, overall the design looks very ugly IMHO.

I tried to like this but it simply looks like a CW show movie with slightly more budget.

19 OW / 55 Dom. 

Edited by Belakor
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, Alexander said:

CW Iron Man

See, I’m a newfound Iron Man fan since the MCU and I don’t get this. I don’t get the comparisons with Spider-Man either. Yeah it’s a kid with a suit, but it’s closer - for story purposes that I bet it will be explored eventually - to Green Lantern than anything else.

It’s a suburban Latino kid that gets one of the most lethal weapons in his universe. I feel like there is a good story here, despite the claims of how ‘generic’ it is.

That Blue Beetle trailer is such a generic rehash of what the MCU has been doing for such a long time. It's going to crash and burn, not necessarily because it's a bad movie, but because it has absolutely nothing new, innovative or fresh to bring to the table.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FunkMiller said:

That Blue Beetle trailer is such a generic rehash of what the MCU has been doing for such a long time. It's going to crash and burn, not necessarily because it's a bad movie, but because it has absolutely nothing new, innovative or fresh to bring to the table.

Yes, what cinema actually needs is MORE Batman. Not talking Batman characters, no. We need all Batman. And more Jokers. And then more Batman again. That’s what the public wants. Hear us, WB.

• Like 1