cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

This is still trending in the top 20 in the US

8 hours after the trailer released. I’d say the trailer did its job. We’ll see if the marketing can continue to sell the movie.

I’d really love to see them incorporate an aspect of the new dcu into this and tie it altogether. Maybe a post credit scene introducing the actor playing Booster Gold for the TV show. 

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

8 hours after the trailer released. I’d say the trailer did its job. We’ll see if the marketing can continue to sell the movie.

I’d really love to see them incorporate an aspect of the new dcu into this and tie it altogether. Maybe a post credit scene introducing the actor playing Booster Gold for the TV show. 

The problem is that DC fans tend to hype things online, but not appear in theaters.

By the way, Blue Beetle is trending on twitter but the views are not good at all, not a good sign... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Welcbr12 said:

The problem is that DC fans tend to hype things online, but not appear in theaters.

By the way, Blue Beetle is trending on twitter but the views are not good at all, not a good sign... 

views mean nothing and dc doesn’t have a true fan base.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

It’s trending but the views are pretty low. Meaning it’s trending because nothing else is happening. If you want to see what big trending numbers are wait until tomorrow afternoon.

5 minutes ago, PrinceRico said:

It’s trending but the views are pretty low. Meaning it’s trending because nothing else is happening. If you want to see what big trending numbers are wait until tomorrow afternoon.

Lol I don’t care about spiderverse. You guys can enjoy that and talk about it in that movies thread. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

Since when?

Since always with DC movies, trailer views don’t correlate to box office, this isn’t marvel.

Also, I’m not saying this is gonna be some huge hit, I just think the trailer did fine and did its job today to garner interest going forward. I’m not comparing this to anything, that’s what other people do on here. I tend to try and stay away from negativity, it’s not my thing. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

14 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Views indicated Shazam's miserable perfomance and also indicated Joker's breakout.

Aquaman made over a billion and had barely more trailer views than the first Shazam at the time of release. It just doesn’t matter when it comes to dc. Even joker should have technically made more based on it’s views imo, but it is what it is. 

I don’t really feel like going back and forth, you and everyone else is welcome to your own opinions on what this movie will do. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, PrinceRico said:

Lol Blue Beetle already beat Spiderverse on Sunday when both released teases if that’s what you’re talking about. I’m thinking Barbie is gonna dominate tomorrow. 

Blue Beetle is also trending #1 on YT and has been trending for the past two days on Twitter so the trailer did its job! That didn’t happen for Shazam, Black Adam or TSS. Think only Flash and The Batman managed that recently. 

4 hours ago, cax16 said:

Even joker should have technically made more based on it’s views imo, but it is what it is.

Technically it's R rated movie which puts certain restrictions and it wasn't released in China. Highest grossing R rated movie worldwide by far is way beyond what anyone predicted.

Edited by Firepower