cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't get the decision to not give the suit the mouth if they're still making the mask expressive anyways

iirc something similar came up when they did that Power Rangers movie. The studio tested it. Said it looked weird. So they left the lips non-functional. I’m guessing the same thing happened here.

Power_Rangers_Movie_Auction_30.jpg

42 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

One of the international DC accounts posted it early by accident, as it wasn't meant to be out for another hour and a half. Go see it quick before it's gone:

It honestly looks fantastic, and further cements itself as the one DC movie for this year that I am excited for, no strings attached. One can only hope this gets retconned into Gunn's new universe.

They had one job. 🤦🏻‍♂️

You know, it kind of blows my mind how great the Deadpool movie looks compared to superhero movies with bigger budget like Shazam 2 and now Blue Beetle........... it's almost like these people are deliberately sabotaging their mid budget movies so that they can get the money people to give bigger budgets. Certainly nothing I am seeing makes me think this Blue Beetle shouldn't have stayed in HBO Max.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Kinda sucks that the Beetle seems to be just an AI and not like a crazy world dominating alien constantly telling Jaime to kill

Kinda weird how Peacemaker went with the world dominating insect controlling people angle with the Butterflies instead