cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

6 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Btw, I wasn't being sarcastic lol,

I saw some (four) very good reactions, so until Aquaman II dc stans can breathe a sigh of relief imo.

I have only commented on the impressions that test screenings reactions of some films have left me, I don't pretend to be a attention whore scooper (I would post tweets in such a case). We'll see if I'm spot on again... bc Babylon had amazing test screenings but critics panned it.

You are the biggest attention whore about test screening reactions on this forum precisely because of your insistence that they are the be all and end all and trying to troll threads with them.

• Knock It Off 2

43 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Isn´t Blue Beetle the last blockbuster until like Kraven comes out in October? Might benefit from that

September has THE EQUALIZER III and THE NUN II, two potential 100M movies, but they have different target auds so.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

September has THE EQUALIZER III and THE NUN II, two potential 100M movies, but they have different target auds so.

Nun is going to drop HARD from the first. 25/60 total.

11 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

After seeing Shazam 2's performance I have my doubts.

Shazam just never felt like it was gonna pop at all or even do decent, never had many likes social media, no one really talked about it at all. I admit I didn’t think it would do as poorly as it has but that was probably from my blind love of the first movie.

This movie feels different than that just from the first poster that dropped.  With that said, I’ve been wrong many times before so we’ll see how this plays out. The first trailer is supposed to be out to play in front of Mario so I think we’ll have a better idea then with how people react to the trailer. 

12 hours ago, poweranimals said:

After seeing Shazam 2's performance I have my doubts.

They have no connection to each other. DC films aren't tied to each other like Marvel are. There's no floor, and there's no ceiling. Comparing the two doesn't really make sense, imo.

11 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

They have no connection to each other. DC films aren't tied to each other like Marvel are. There's no floor, and there's no ceiling. Comparing the two doesn't really make sense, imo.

How are they not tied to each other when people were turned off of Shazam 2 because they knew a reboot for DC is coming? The very fact that it's a DC movie is working against it. 

Edited by poweranimals

4 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

James Gunn DC thing should have been announced after current slate of DC was done i.e. January 2024. 

Honestly, assuming they've reworked The Flash to explain the reset, they could have easily waited until after that releases, this summer.

I don't think it would have made a MASSIVE difference for Shazam, but it may have helped a bit. Shazam 2 always just looked very generic, unfunny and unappealing from all the promotional material. And there wasn't much effort in the marketing either. So I think it was doomed to fail regardless.

11 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

That suit looks really good in BTS pics. Here's hoping it looks amazing in the trailer footage.

Edited by reddevil19

13 hours ago, poweranimals said:

How are they not tied to each other when people were turned off of Shazam 2 because they knew a reboot for DC is coming? The very fact that it's a DC movie is working against it. 

So then Joker 2 and Batman 2 and Flash are in trouble, because they're all "DC"