Eric Loves Rey

Cocaine Bear | February 24, 2023 | Elizabeth Banks directs

I'm just wondering if Elizabeth Banks has the directorial chops needed to go all out crazy like this concept deserves.

From the trailer it looks like a one joke movie - "hey, this bear did cocaine". Hopefully the movie delivers well on that madcap premise but seeing the prior directorial movies from Banks I have my doubts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

I'm just wondering if Elizabeth Banks has the directorial chops needed to go all out crazy like this concept deserves.

From the trailer it looks like a one joke movie - "hey, this bear did cocaine". Hopefully the movie delivers well on that madcap premise but seeing the prior directorial movies from Banks I have my doubts.

That’s my feeling too, based on the trailer it doesn’t feel like it’s gone far enough in the madcap direction. It just looks like a slasher movie with a few comical bits because of a high bear that just gets angry.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I think I would’ve much preferred if they made a more earnest movie on this subject. In other words, no rampaging bear. 

So basically…’Cocaine’?

I think the bear attacks in this film will not be as good as the one on Hugh Glass/Leo De Caprio in "Revenent".

Cruiious about this because apparently a lot of it goes for black comedy rather then straigh up horror..an approach which often puzzles audiences.

Edited by dudalb

https://deadline.com/2023/02/2023-super-bowl-movie-trailers-the-flash-fast-x-transformers-ant-man-expected-1235247160/

We do hear thought that on the Universal front there will be a 15-second pre-game spot for the Elizabeth Banks-directed thriller Cocaine Bear. That movie opens February 24.