cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

3 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

Fans have always demanded that the tv shows should be more connected with the movies. Everytime the movies ignored them, people were not happy. They just gave people what they wanted, but maybe a bit too much.

It was a mistake. Many times fans don't really know what they want or need.

Interconnection between TV series and movies could seem a good idea in theory, but it ends up overloading and alienating people.

18 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

Fans have always demanded that the tv shows should be more connected with the movies. Everytime the movies ignored them, people were not happy. They just gave people what they wanted, but maybe a bit too much.

I think it applied only to WV cuase buildup seemed to lead to MOM and it turned out Strange was originally slated to show up in the finale. But I don't recall demands for other shows. I think that fans were more critical of Marvel's BS hype that shows need to be seen cause they connect with movies rather than that fans want such connection (and lately they are certainly against it).

12 hours ago, cooldude97 said:

get spider-man in it, guaranteed 800M+

Ironic how the balance of power in the CBM universe has shifted. Spider-Verse 3, Venom 3, and Holland's next Spidey movie are far safer bets than any Disney MCU movie releasing in the next 2 years except for DP3. Kraven and Madame Web will flop, but Sony has far lower budgets, so the loss won't be as much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Ironic how the balance of power in the CBM universe has shifted. Spider-Verse 3, Venom 3, and Holland's next Spidey movie are far safer bets than any Disney MCU movie releasing in the next 2 years except for DP3. Kraven and Madame Web will flop, but Sony has far lower budgets, so the loss won't be as much.

I bet Madame Web will do more than The Marvels WW because of SM connection.

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think it applied only to WV cuase buildup seemed to lead to MOM and it turned out Strange was originally slated to show up in the finale. But I don't recall demands for other shows. I think that fans were more critical of Marvel's BS hype that shows need to be seen cause they connect with movies rather than that fans want such connection (and lately they are certainly against it).

Youngstar should mean fans asking that shows like Agents of Shield or the Netflix shows were recognized by the movies. There were many fans who asked for a strong interconnection.

Now, we could confirm an interconnection between movies and TV shows wadn't a good idea.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Kon said:

Youngstar should mean fans asking that shows like Agents of Shield or the Netflix shows were recognized by the movies. There were many fans who asked for a strong interconnection.

Now, we could confirm an interconnection between movies and TV shows wadn't a good idea.

Ah OK! that makes sense.

To be honest out of the next few releases, this was the one I had the highest hopes for, quality-wise (though not box office). Probably because I have a sot spot for the Cap movies. Obviously this delay (when it had been touted as being in the best shape out of the 3 2024 releases) means a complete overhaul. It's clearly a victim of the "fix it in post" strategy, combined with the strikes, but hopefully they can sort it out and deliver a good product. 

8 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I just cannot believe after everyone whining how Marvel needs to delay everything to fix things, when they do that, people use them trying to fix it as proof it's unfixable somehow

Can you stop parroting these defensive lines. They said to delay things, but at the same time be sensible. They should have never greenlit half of the projects they have planned for the future. Someone at Marvel should understand what the audience wants. Throwing random looking movies with random characters is getting annoying for everyone. It's like they thought whatever shit we dish will be lapped up by all. Now even the critics have woken up to Marvel's lazy style. I sincerely hope 2024 and beyond is a course correction. 

Edited by marveldcfox

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I just cannot believe after everyone whining how Marvel needs to delay everything to fix things, when they do that, people use them trying to fix it as proof it's unfixable somehow

I think the problem is, they're fixing mistakes they already made instead of the deep-seated contradiction.

Marvel production mode is unhealthy. They just refuse to make movies with shaped scripts and are willing to spend hundred millions to fix a already hundred millions-budgeted project. And I'm sure there would be more extensive reshoots for many of their projects under this mode. They might save New World this time, but they can't do it every time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gavin Feng said:

Marvel production mode is unhealthy. They just refuse to make movies with shaped scripts and are willing to spend hundred millions to fix a already hundred millions-budgeted project

Tbf it sounds like they've woken up to the problem - but this is too far along now and they still have to go down this route. The question is, now that they realise this can't keep working this way, can they change course or is the ship too big and can't be turned in time?

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Tbf it sounds like they've woken up to the problem - but this is too far along now and they still have to go down this route. The question is, now that they realise this can't keep working this way, can they change course or is the ship too big and can't be turned in time?

I think Star Wars is a good reference. They may speed down like how Disney did for those Jedi after Solo flopped (now, only Deadpool 3 in 2024), but the question is we all know Marvel have no idea about Multiverse saga or new Avengers movies except many many cameos would happen. Pretty much the same happened on Rise of the Skywalker -- Lucasfilms didn't know how to treat it after TLJ expect being sure it's the last chapter.

17 minutes ago, Masketta Man said:

When you have to do six months of reshoots and delay it farther than a movie that didn't even start filming yet, you must consider if it's worthy wasting some hundred millions into fixing it.

You understand that they aren't filming for six straight months, correct? They schedule a reshoot window so they can accommodate actor schedules. It's not just like they rewrote the entire movie from page one and are starting principal photography over again like with Daredevil, there are three sequences being cut and reshot.

Edited by SpiderByte

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

You understand that they aren't filming for six straight months, correct? They schedule a reshoot window so they can accommodate actor schedules. It's not just like they rewrote the entire movie from page one and are starting principal photography over again like with Daredevil, there are three sequences being cut and reshot.

Really? I thought they would keep the cameras running pointing at Mackie's face while he sleeps.

23 hours ago, Youngstar said:

I said the exact same somewhere else. I think it’s kinda funny in a sad sort of way that when they finally gave the TV show fans what they had been asking for years, it turned out to be such a big mistake.