cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

As much as I'm not oblivious to the fact that this movie isn't a guarantee box office smash and that these are two entirely different movies, the way that Disney and Marvel have been marketing Deadpool and Wolverine gives me hope that they'll know how to turn CA: BNW into an event. Obviously not to the same level as D&W, but hopefully to something that appeal to fans and general audiences. 

• Like 4

Looks  pretty dam good. Much better than I thought  it would. But no surprise there is so much MCU baggage right now and with the behind the scenes issues the reaction is going to be mixed at best. Between this and Gladiator 2 people are so dam cranky right now.  It's okay to look forward to movies and hope for the best you know. That's what I chose to do. If the movies suck then oh well. On we go.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

400/500M WW should be good nowadays 

$500M yeah but I doubt the budget is less than $200M considering the other MCU movies since 2022, so 400M would be a flop most likely. 

I'm thinking $500M - $600M 

1 hour ago, Eric Onion said:

I want to know the number of people, depending on what this plays in front of, who go "Oh wow yet another white house under attack movie but with Harrison Ford!" for the first 42 seconds before realizing "Oh it's an MCU movie!"

• Haha 2

The plenty of rumours will likely change the perspective on everything they release, but yes, the trailer and the poster are great. The release date is good too, so I'm hoping for a marketing campaign better than The Marvels had.

The feeling that we haven’t had too much MCU lately was palpable watching that.  Dare I say it, it felt kind of fresh and exciting!?! 

Less is more. Fully on board this doing $700 million plus WW. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So they just completely removed Israel from the backstory entirely

It was known a long time ago. They were quick to tell the character is rewriten and than some scoopers told she is some US government agent

Edited by cinema pal

I’m sorry, but this *looks* ugly. The shot selection and composition looks like dollar store Sam Esmail. The lighting and overall color palate are unappealing. Esposito seems shoehorned in considering he just filmed his scenes 2 months ago. Stilted line delivery from both Mackie and Ford. And I get that the CGI is unfinished but it doesn’t even look inspiring. There’s nothing visually that looks unique.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

26 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So they just completely removed Israel from the backstory entirely

they should have just created an orignal jewish character at that point. Would have avoided this whole controversy.

19 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

The feeling that we haven’t had too much MCU lately was palpable watching that.  Dare I say it, it felt kind of fresh and exciting!?! 

Less is more. Fully on board this doing $700 million plus WW. 

It would have to have pretty great WOM to make $700M maybe even an A cinemascore

1 hour ago, Ryan C said:

As much as I'm not oblivious to the fact that this movie isn't a guarantee box office smash and that these are two entirely different movies, the way that Disney and Marvel have been marketing Deadpool and Wolverine gives me hope that they'll know how to turn CA: BNW into an event. Obviously not to the same level as D&W, but hopefully to something that appeal to fans and general audiences. 

Deadpool & Wolverine is pretty easy to market

It's Deadpool & Wolverine