cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

1 hour ago, TheFlatLannister said:

It would have to have pretty great WOM to make $700M maybe even an A cinemascore

I know. I think it looks way better than I thought it would. Plus the Red Hulk factor will add significant hype, especially for OW

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mickiland16 said:

I wonder if it can at least match Winter Soldier opening weekend ($95M). 

Depends on how much of D&W's success rubs off on the rest of the MCU slate. It would be smart if that movie had a nod to this in some way

What's the competition for this like in February? It could leg it out to WS totals even if it doesn't open as big.

28 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Winter Soldier made 115M in China. Can’t see that happening for this 

Yeah no way, the chinese public is very racist. 

I can´t see this doing much more than Captain America 1 worldwide.

It will likely land in the 300-450 million range, which would make it a big flop considering the budget. 

4 minutes ago, Belakor said:

The CGI looks putrid, like something you would expect from a low budget tv show.

The reception is not great in YouTube either.

Okay, I'll take the bait.

1. This film doesn't come out until February. That's still 7 months to work on that aspect.
2. Are you talking about downvotes? Those mean absolutely nothing in today's culture. But if those do matter, this film will be way bigger than Gladiator 2!

• Like 1

Just now, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Okay, I'll take the bait.

1. This film doesn't come out until February. That's still 7 months to work on that aspect.
2. Are you talking about downvotes? Those mean absolutely nothing in today's culture. But if those do matter, this film will be way bigger than Gladiator 2!

Why not? 

But I can see this doing better than G2 for sure, at least this has the Disney / Marvel marketing machine and some audience that still wants to consume the CBM fast food crap.

No one asked for G2 and the trailer reception was abysmal to put it lightly. 

I agree with others saying the movie looks a little better than expected, but visually it's just so cheap and ugly. This is how Disney makes movies. There's no immersion when your movie looks like this, which affects how one judges it in general.

I don't know. This has big shoes to fill, which I guess is a big theme of this movie, as well as the Falcon & Winter Soldier show. It's not pulling me in like the previous Cap trilogy did. However I am interested in seeing it, which is a step up from my stance before this trailer.

• Like 1

After 4 hours

Youtube - 3.5M 

Instagram - 9.7M 

Tik Tok - 810K 

Not sure how does this compare to other MCU trailer, although I think that out of the sequels only The Marvels was lower in Youtube this decade (?). But seems fine overall. 

I'll also add that I want to see the trailer in a theatre. Trailers always improve when you see them on the big screen. The main thing is, aside from visuals, what's actually happening in the movie seems interesting. That's the huge difference between this and something like The Marvels, which looked like a literal joke.

Edited by Insomnia
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

This film doesn't come out until February. That's still 7 months to work on that aspect.

People say this for every single movie but beyond some light touch-up and color correcting, there usually isn’t much of a difference. It doesn’t really matter tho (people were criticizing the Furiosa CGI in the trailer but no one cared about that when the movie came out) as long as the movie is good

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Belakor said:

Yeah no way, the chinese public is very racist. 

I can´t see this doing much more than Captain America 1 worldwide.

It will likely land in the 300-450 million range, which would make it a big flop considering the budget. 

Black Panther made $100M+ in China. It's more China has moved on from Hollywood than Chinese boycotting a black lead movie.

1 hour ago, Mickiland16 said:

I wonder if it can at least match Winter Soldier opening weekend ($95M). 

Thinking it will make $100M, just won't get much higher than that (assuming early reactions are good). It's still an MCU project and red hulk will help bring out fans. 

It sounds like they’re completely removing Ruth Sabra’s connections to the IDF. Frankly though, this does beg the question of why they didn’t just have her be a different character entirely. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It sounds like they’re completely removing Ruth Sabra’s connections to the IDF. Frankly though, this does beg the question of why they didn’t just have her be a different character entirely. 

My guess is that this is their way of making both sides as happy as possible because changing the character after already being announced as part of the movie would also create a negative response. 

The best they could have done is just ignore her but they didn't and now there's this debate. I don't think that will made the movie do anything less than what it would do anyways though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

Plus the Red Hulk factor will add significant hype, especially for OW

Among who?

What segment of the moviegoing audience that isn’t already pot-committed to this quad of the MCU is saying “what I’ve really been looking forward to is a Hulk sequel without the Hulk”

Who among casual audiences is gonna see another CGI monster and say “that’s the difference maker”

Who is this movie even for? Seriously, someone please tell me.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I'm pretty sure they changed all this after the exacerbation at Gaza. And it's not like every character that makes it to the movies is faithful to their comics counterpart so don't see what difference it would have made changing her name (unless there's some unknown Sabra fanbase I'm unaware of)