Eric Prime

House of the Dragon | GOT Spin-off | Season 2 June 2024

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

No thanks im waiting for Monday morning and will avoid any and all HotD Internet conversations till then.

I'm also going to wait and hope I don't get spoiled on anything, but usually these happen maybe a day early ... for it to happen this early from a European partner is pretty wild and a massive fuck up for whoever slipped up. 

On 10/18/2022 at 12:56 AM, Cap said:

HOW IS THAT A PROBLEM?! She legit like for scenes before basically said burn the whole thing down and stop being a pawn!! Now all that she has done is left her enemies alive to kill her children and grandchildren. 

Rhaenys is kind of full of shit. Alicent offered her a chance to join the Greens in exchange for Driftmark passing directly to Baela and Rhaena, versus Rhaenyra's more compromised offer of the girls wedding Jacaerys and Lucerys in Ep 8. If Rhaenys really believed what she told Alicent of women seizing power for themselves then she would have taken Alicent up on her offer lol, instead of agreeing to her granddaughters being the wives of Rhaenyra's sons.

It's not Ep 9 but Rhaenys and Corlys's loyalty to Rhaneyra and Daemon despite of what happened to Laenor/Laena that has me in disbelief, but that is an issue that has spilt over from the books.

13 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Rhaenys is kind of full of shit. Alicent offered her a chance to join the Greens in exchange for Driftmark passing directly to Baela and Rhaena, versus Rhaenyra's more compromised offer of the girls wedding Jacaerys and Lucerys in Ep 8. If Rhaenys really believed what she told Alicent of women seizing power for themselves then she would have taken Alicent up on her offer lol, instead of agreeing to her granddaughters being the wives of Rhaenyra's sons.

It's not Ep 9 but Rhaenys and Corlys's loyalty to Rhaneyra and Daemon despite of what happened to Laenor/Laena that has me in disbelief, but that is an issue that has spilt over from the books.

I think they assume their grandkids won't be safe? 

Why the hell did they make

Spoiler

Lucerys' death unintentional. It basically absolves Aemond of one of his biggest crimes by making it happen because Vhagar disobeys him. Aemond is one of the book franchise's closest analogues to a supervillain, and the show fumbled the easiest catch by changing this event

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Hide contents

Lucerys' death unintentional. It basically absolves Aemond of one of his biggest crimes by making it happen because Vhagar disobeys him. Aemond is one of the book franchise's closest analogues to a supervillain, and the show fumbled the easiest catch by changing this event

Spoiler

I respectfully disagree.  I actually love this change. To begin with, early on in the episode, it is established that the Dragons feel whatever their rider feels, with Rhaenyra being in pain and showing Syrrax screaming. So by this logic, Aemond absolutely wanted to kill Luce and Vhagar was reacting to Aemond's psychotic character. What I love this is that they did not make Aemond a psycho killer rather a calculating one. He doesn't care about Luce but he is realizing the shit that's about to go down even though they have already seized the throne.

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Not the trigger for this entire world war being a rich kid losing control of his car

Crying Ronnie.. never gets old : r/jerseyshore

Viserys had some dialogue earlier about Targaryens thinking they have control over the dragons but they don't... Atleast according to him.

The show has set up throughout the show that the vhagar has a sort of a " personality" . It's hesitation to kill Lena and it taunting aemond before he rides it for the first time.

My only problem with the scene is that it undermines aemond as a villian . Such a scene should not have been placed here but in an actual battle scene where tension is high and emotional control is thin.

I would give the whole season at 8.5/10. Last 2 episodes had certain choices I didn't agree with

Music and visuals in this episode were phenomenal.

Like I said the last two episodes have been set up episodes for the conflict and they did a good job for the most part.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

I fucking loved this episode. Probably my 2nd favourite after Episode 8. I have nothing to complain about.

Season overall id give a 9/10. Its not perfect - nothing really is - but its right there with the earlier GoT Seasons and i cant wait for Season 2.

• Like 3

Absolutely epic episode with such an incredible ending. Aemond...I hate him so much, and I love how he's completely stunned that his dragon ended up disobeying him and killing Lucerys and Arrax. Like...Arrax acted out of self defense and you were chasing them which made Vhagar already view them as a threat...what did you expect him to do?

I hope he pays badly. But I read someone else very innocent is going to suffer a fate even more brutal than Lucerys. 

The final shot reminded me in the best ways of the ending of Catching Fire. Brilliant.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Hide contents

I think it cool cause it plays into classic mythological storytelling that war and conflict by going to far.

Sort of makes what happens after feel tragic then simple good vs bad narrative.

I think this is about tied with Episode 7 for the 2nd best episode of the show with Episode 8 being the high point.  Overall, strong finale to a great 10 episode season of TV and it sucks we're probably gonna have to wait 2 years for season 2. 

Amazon is so jealous right now.

The Lore of the show has shown Dragons seem to be very sentient 

So I think The dragons not listening to their riders makes sense.

Remember Drogon was able to figure out to burn down the Iron Throne after Dany Died (likely the best scene in Season 8 lol) 

Edited by Torontofan

29 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I think this is about tied with Episode 7 for the 2nd best episode of the show with Episode 8 being the high point.  Overall, strong finale to a great 10 episode season of TV and it sucks we're probably gonna have to wait 2 years for season 2. 

Amazon is so jealous right now.

Checking the Wiki page for the show and reading that they only start shooting the 2nd season in early 2023 and realizing that this will mean Season 2 will probably come out in 2024 has ruined my day a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

FfmdOj3WAAAwLtk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FfmdzZnWIAA_SoG?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ff2SUeLXgAEN8YA?format=jpg&name=medium

FfnLpHnWAAASokq?format=jpg&name=large

Ff2QSHxWIAcBk_5?format=jpg&name=medium

FfzkuIkUcAApJtA?format=jpg&name=large

Ff2PyVfX0AQ_Rr6?format=jpg&name=medium

FfzaVFqVUAAwcKU?format=jpg&name=large

1096929c0c8174c3b67a1a0ff699675f.jpg

Honestly yes. This show looks better than all the movies ive seen this year, only The Batman rivals it for me in terms of cinematography.

This also puts Rings of Power to shame, since HotD had a much lower budget than it and looks 10 times more expensive.

• Like 2