Eric S'ennui

The Last Voyage of the Demeter | Universal | August 11, 2023

On 6/27/2023 at 3:20 PM, Krissykins said:

Is this moving to 2024? 

Release date is only 7 weeks away. 

On 6/27/2023 at 3:25 PM, filmlover said:

Nah, I got the trailer before my showing of No Hard Feelings this past weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if it's being dumped though.

Ah, I had a feeling something was up.

This unfortunately just got removed from the UK release schedule. Was due August 18th.

Hopefully it gets a new date soon .

• Astonished 1

It's possible Universal doesn't have faith in the project which sucks, I think this looks like a blast. The "Captain's Log" section of Dracula is a really interesting part of the book that isn't explored very much so them deciding to use that as a launching point for what is essentially a new Dracula movie is really clever.

On 4/30/2023 at 1:41 AM, Krissykins said:

Looks like this is called: “Dracula: Last Voyage of the Demeter” here in the UK. 

Well, to be honest; how many people will remember the name of the Ship that Dracula took over on his way to England?

• Haha 1

On 7/16/2023 at 3:24 PM, LegionWrex said:

It's possible Universal doesn't have faith in the project which sucks, I think this looks like a blast. The "Captain's Log" section of Dracula is a really interesting part of the book that isn't explored very much so them deciding to use that as a launching point for what is essentially a new Dracula movie is really clever.

Uni does seem to be dumping it.

it is an interesting idea for the movie, almost all the film versions of "Dracula" pretty much  limit the Demeter to it's arrival in England.

26 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Well, to be honest; how many people will remember the name of the Ship that Dracula took over on his way to England?

Yeh I think it’s a clever move, unfortunately they pulled it from UK release a few weeks ago anyway. 

12 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

That sounds really good. As in, something I'd like to see. But really unsure of how slow and creepy is any better in terms of box office potential, at least for the opening. If it is actually good, it might not completely collapse.