Eric the Minion

The Exorcist: Believer | Universal/Blumhouse/Peacock | October 13, 2023 | RIP William Friedkin

2 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Waiting on tooth and nail for Mark Kermode's incoming rant 😅

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

kermode.png

Ooh it should be an entertaining review to listen to 😂😂

I thought with all the vieweranon type accounts trashing this for what feels like a full year with test screenings etc, it was destined for like 10% on RT. But I heard earlier today that some expect positive reactions. 

It might not turn out to be the turkey that some claimed it would. It also could still get a bad reaction, we’ll see. 

19 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ooh it should be an entertaining review to listen to 😂😂

I thought with all the vieweranon type accounts trashing this for what feels like a full year with test screenings etc, it was destined for like 10% on RT. But I heard earlier today that some expect positive reactions. 

It might not turn out to be the turkey that some claimed it would. It also could still get a bad reaction, we’ll see. 

Yeah I'm expecting middling 40-50%, a little above Kills and Ends. It might surprise some by how "unterrible" it may turn out to be, but still not really convince most that it's worthwhile.

5 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

bro failed upwards.

I will say - he has incredible foresight. Inking a deal for FIVE (5!) big Horror legacy sequels off the back of one Halloween movie is a pretty herculean task, but it's even more impressive when you realize his master plan was to tank all of them. He still has 2 more exorcists to go!

5 hours ago, TMP said:

I will say - he has incredible foresight. Inking a deal for FIVE (5!) big Horror legacy sequels off the back of one Halloween movie is a pretty herculean task, but it's even more impressive when you realize his master plan was to tank all of them. He still has 2 more exorcists to go!

I watched an interview with him and Blum yesterday and he’s not actually signed on for the next two Exorcist films yet, Blum laughed and said “we’ll see” lol

Got my tickets for Sunday.

My only bar im hoping for is being better than prey for the devil and Pope's Exorcist.

Though tbh, I actually liked popes exorcist well enough because Crowe is awesome. Then again I liked unhinged for the same reason as the schlock it was but Crowe was COMMITTED.