MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

On 8/3/2023 at 8:17 PM, Redolent said:

The gender split for Oppenheimer’s second weekend (THR)

- not sure most people would have expected that. 

Interestingly, females made up even more of Barbie’s audience in the film’s sophomore outing domestically, buying up 71 percent of all tickets. Often, a film’s gender split will shift in subsequent weekends, as it did with Oppenheimer. Males showing up to see Oppenheimer over the July 28-30 weekend shrunk somewhat, to 58 percent of the audience, while the female audience grew from 38 percent to 42 percent.

I think there are plenty of women out there who can identify with both Pugh's and Blunt's character in equal measure despite the limited screen time. It's sort of a horror film for them in a different way. There's that scene where Oppenheimer is being cross examined by multiple government/judicial agencies. You could almost feel every couple in the theater feel uncomfortable. That's the mark of a hard truth being presented onscreen.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 1

Think about 20 mins should have been cut but overall Excellent film . Get RDJ his Oscar. Really good performances all around .

Some few Nolan tisms  especially regarding the sound mixing . Some bits  of dialogue I didn't quite get well.

Not my favorite Nolan film but this is his best script and think he has a really good shot at winning best director for this.

As for where it is on my rankings , want to process it more but it's definitely going in his Top 5 for me.

4 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Someone posted this on Reddit . From

einstein’s office 7 years ago . That walking picture is Einstein on the left , Oppenheimer on the right . The same same clothes they were in movie scenes

0WfvRFd_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Strauss took the photo.

• Haha 1

One thing that insane BO of Oppenheimer guarantees is Nolan is not going to go for another franchise anytime soon. He will try something "original" again. Cant wait for his next project to be announced. Normally we would hear something by early next year but with WGA strike, I am not sure how long he will take to get his next project going. Probably at least 6 months after the strikes are resolved. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

One thing that insane BO of Oppenheimer guarantees is Nolan is not going to go for another franchise anytime soon. He will try something "original" again. Cant wait for his next project to be announced. Normally we would hear something by early next year but with WGA strike, I am not sure how long he will take to get his next project going. Probably at least 6 months after the strikes are resolved. 

As much as I want to see him direct a Bond film just to obliterate the UK Box Office record, I have to agree that he's wasted on franchise films.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

How big these movies are that we have multiple head of states watching them 🙂

Barbie and Oppy has hit cultural phenomenon status now.

Even though their totals wont be that far from each other, Barbie seems so much bigger than Mario, which was felt more limited to the kids and gamer audience.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1