SpiderByte

** VENOM SPOILERS THREAD**

So that was...I guess better than the first? If only because they leaned into the batshit crazy humor of it all. I don't hate Venoms characterization but it's just very, very different from the comics, but it works.

The post credit scene has... interesting implications. So (presumably) the shit with Doctor Strange drags him into the MCU timeline from his own universe, so Venom isn't actually set in the MCU. But then what's the deal with Morbius? Because that one is set in Venoms world but it apparently has a Spider-Man and an Adrian Toomes? Maybe they changed that with the reshoots and the various delays? Though likely that's going to be a tank and not relevant going forward but it is odd.

I also wonder if this means Venom is in No Way Home or if it means Venom 3 will be set in the MCU universe.

Edited by SpiderByte

7 minutes ago, Legion of the Ten Crores said:

Bad news: Hardy Venom is coming to the MCU

Good news: will make it less embarrassing when this beats SC OW and BW total

Inspired news: Hardy Venom and Deadpool meetup is 100% more likely now! 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So that was...I guess better than the first? If only because they leaned into the batshit crazy humor of it all. I don't hate Venoms characterization but it's just very, very different from the comics, but it works.

The post credit scene has... interesting implications. So (presumably) the shit with Doctor Strange drags him into the MCU timeline from his own universe, so Venom isn't actually set in the MCU. But then what's the deal with Morbius? Because that one is set in Venoms world but it apparently has a Spider-Man and an Adrian Toomes? Maybe they changed that with the reshoots and the various delays? Though likely that's going to be a tank and not relevant going forward but it is odd.

I also wonder if this means Venom is in No Way Home or if it means Venom 3 will be set in the MCU universe.

Rumors now that Venom is actually the sixth member of the “Sinister Six” in No Way Home

• Astonished 1

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Rumors now that Venom is actually the sixth member of the “Sinister Six” in No Way Home

Maybe, and Tom Hardy was spotted with that No Way Home crew hat...but I don't think it's him. He'll be in a credits scene to set up Venom 3 I bet.

Honestly, i feel this one was (somehow) weaker than the first one: Pretty much 2/3 of the movie is just Venom and Eddie bickering and repeating the same joke about them acting like a married couple over and over again while Cletus does whatever. The idea of making it 90 minutes so it can get to the action would have made sense if there actually was any action besides Carnage killing fodder.

• ...wtf 1

6 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Hardy and Venom in MCU is a great news. Hardy's performance is up there with the best MCU performance (RDJ's Tony) so that's that. He only had shitty first movie but otherwise performance alone was incredible. 

Just ...No

• Like 5
  • ...wtf 1

57 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Send that suggestion to Sony/Disney for Venom 3 - we can watch the 2 fight over both being Spidey's pal and his destructor:)...

Deadpool having something of a history with Spidey did factor into my slightly tongue-in-cheek observation, yes. ;)

• Like 1