PanaMovie

THE BATMAN OS THREAD - 745M WW so far

On 3/7/2022 at 5:22 PM, Issac Newton said:

Vietnam Weekend : 21,370,483,597₫ ($935K) /198,089 admits (5,976 shows)

2nd Weekend : 13,492,701,735₫ ($590K) /122,015 admits (3,185 shows)

Total Until 03/13 (Sun) : 58,517,177,113₫ ($2.56M)

The Batman grossed $7.25M AUD this weekend, this represents only a 37% drop from last weekend. Additionaly the movie grossed $827K NZD in New Zealand, just a 21% drop from last weekend. Things looking good for the Bat in the pacific. 

• Like 5

On 3/7/2022 at 4:53 PM, Issac Newton said:

Bangkok Weekend : ฿22.29M /$680K (including ฿330K /$10K previews)

Biggest OD in 2022 Bangkok!

฿3.75M : Uncharted

฿3.32M : One for the Road (Local)

฿2.00M : Harry Potter: Philosopher's Stone (Re-release)

฿1.34M : Moonfall

2nd Weekend : ฿9.93M /$300K

Total : ฿38.75M /$1.16M

Just nearly escape BTS: Permission To Dance : ฿9.36M /$280K

1 hour ago, Borobudur said:

Aside from China, which region are still waiting for the release? The split is looking like 50:50 domestic/international for 700m+ range 

I'm sure it hits the $800+ million range, and there's a good chance it hits that mark even without China, the markets where The Batman is doing best have strong legs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Borobudur said:

Aside from China, which region are still waiting for the release? The split is looking like 50:50 domestic/international for 700m+ range 

China is the only market remaining, it opened last week in Japan but it grossed so little that the North America/Rest of the World split hasn't changed...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Juby said:

Damn, Asia really don't feel Batman + covid will kill $1bn dream. I don't see even $900m ww at this point.

Yeah, seems this will be another CBM that will stop grossing money once it hits 800M, keeping the streak of no 900-999M CBM movies

• Like 1

From my understanding, film like "The Batman" does not work against a very well known film series like "Doraemon" &high audience preference film "The Last 10 Years".

Doraemon is performing very poorer Weekdays numbers but, Weekend are very solid. Like Fri < Sat < Sun. Same goes to "The Last 10 Years", very strong WOM work, this work has also shown a slight increase over the OW. 

"The Batman" can not compete with them. It's already has its limitations.

1) Three hours is already over killing

2) Wk preferably favours family-friendly release

This IP should not be compare to Joker either. Joker open here with ¥755,668,700, & Batman stands at ¥370.20M very far. 

Again, I doubt if it can hold 2nd Weekend or not, Sing 2 opens this weekend, the first one made ¥5.11B, so you all know the strength of this work..

Whatever might be the case, I hope that it reach $15M here. Just try to stay on top 10

• Like 1

around $3m+ OD in China.....OW try $10m,Overall probably lower than $25m.....even far lower than my lowest perdiction...

It's really sad for Batman's dead in China

I think DC should make more Aquaman's style movie to open Asia market.

Edited by Bruce
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Bruce said:

around $3m+ OD in China.....OW try $10m,Overall probably lower than $25m.....even far lower than my lowest perdiction...

WoM for Batman there is good. Doesn't matter Aquaman or not - we are talking about almost 50% closure of theaters in China, and capacity cap for the remaining - even Aquaman would have suffered in this circumstance.

You cannot make such conclusive statement without looking at the circumstance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Bruce said:

China is with almost half of the theaters closed right now, the Covid lockdown is highly hurting the movie. It would probably be a 60M grosser in normal times. But I agree with DC being more "Asian friendly", they could make a couple of movies with more CGI and spectacle focus to boost the DC brand there, that would probably benefit all their movies there after a while. Batman is just not the character for it.

• Like 1